harpcolumn

Plywood Harp or Aoyama Harp for beginners?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Plywood Harp or Aoyama Harp for beginners?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    meng xiao
    Participant

Hi, I am a beginner and only played harp for 3months. thinking about to buy a 29string harp to travel and keep practice.

I have 2 options. one is to buy a very cheap plywood harp. light to travel and wont break my heart if its damaged on transport.

another option is to get a decent Aoyama 29 strings harp. 3times price as the plywood one..but we all know how good it is.

The question is that should I spend money to invest on a good harp now or just get a cheap one first as I will travel a lot in the next 3 years.

Please help!!

Tacye
    Participant

Will you still be able to practise on the harp you are using now?

meng xiao
    Participant

I am currently renting a 26 string plywood harp from my tutor.

She bought it from a very good harp maker here. It was a kitset and her brother helped her putting it together.

That’s the only harp I played, there is no sound comparison for me to tell if the sound is good or not. But I really like it as my first harp touch.

So I am thinking about to buy one for myself from the same harp maker. He offers 29 strings kitset around 1200 with full semi levers as well…I just need to put all pieces together and paint it…it costs 300 more if he does the job for you.

I cannot really try it if I am going to get a kitset. Does the assembling job effect Harp (sound) quality?? I am a beginner of DIY as well..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies