Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Tacye
ParticipantAh, does it have that type of levers where there are two prongs sticking sideways form the lever?
Tacye
ParticipantIf the levers are raising the pitch by too much you should be sliding them UP not down so they make less of a length change.
That said, may I draw cardboard harps to your attention?
http://www.harpcolumn.com/forum/message-view?message_id=23244914
I haven’t met that very model in person, but the cardboard harps I have met have tended to be more consistent in their behaviour than Rosewood Pakistani things.Tacye
ParticipantSome orchestral music will be playable long before that – some parts you could manage now – but there is a big difference between being able to join an orchestra for one particular piece which has a sensible harp part and being able to sign up for all their concerts in the next year before knowing what pieces they will throw at you.
Tacye
ParticipantPilgrim harps have two types of felt, thick and thin for different harps.
Tacye
ParticipantMy personal favourite is irrelevant, because I am not you; as well I seem to have developed sadly expensive tastes.
Tacye
ParticipantSophia,
I started being able to tackle harp parts in youth orchestras around grade 7 and became comfortable in amateur/semi pro orchestras over the several years after I took grade 8.Tacye
ParticipantThanks, Barbara, that was good to see.
Tacye
ParticipantI have taken my Pilgrim Clarsach on the bus and train and it wasn’t a hassle.
Tacye
ParticipantI don’t have one, but do like them.
Tacye
ParticipantAh, I can’t help from my own experience with that, however:
http://www.harpcolumn.com/forum/message-view?message_id=25200You might find a visit to Brandden Lassells interesting to get a better idea of different harp models.
Tacye
ParticipantI have just noticed the time you are posting- what country are you in?
Tacye
Participanthttp://www.harpcolumn.com/forum/message-view?message_id=21628898
Levers- it really depends on you and the music you want to play.
Tacye
ParticipantThere has been a lot of discussion about these harps, my biggest quarrel with them is they are inconsistent – some are worse than others – so I would think buying one 2nd hand local which you could try would be safer than mail order.
see for instance:
http://www.harpcolumn.com/forum/message-view?message_id=24242Personally I would suggest you consider these:
http://www.harpcolumn.com/forum/message-view?message_id=23244914
http://www.backyardmusic.com/Welcome.htmlTacye
ParticipantAre you thinking of the one with partial double action?
Tacye
ParticipantThe Camac and L&H have gut strings and concert tension which will be good for working on classical technique if this is what her teacher teaches and she hopes to play a pedal harp eventually.
-
AuthorPosts