harpcolumn

Harpsicles – thoughts?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Harpsicles – thoughts?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    shelby-m
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’ll be going to college next year, and the school requires x hours of community service per year in order to graduate.

I like my sharpsicle but I don’t think it would meet your needs.

Paul and Brenda
    Participant

Could always use a small amplifier with it.

Cheryl Z.
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

I agree with Jennifer as to why the sharpsicle might not be a good choice for

What about playing for childcare centers instead of a nursing home?

A. Riley
    Participant

I have (and love) a Sharpsicle — pleasant tone, but not a big voice. It would be fine for a quiet nursing-home room or a small lobby or day room, but it wouldn’t carry far in a big room with a lot of hustle-bustle or loud beeping machines — but then again, what would?

The two or three lowest strings are kind of plunky as someone else said, but the rest are fine. It holds its tune very well, once it’s settled in. For the portability and price, I’d certainly recommend it.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

A. Riley
    Participant

Oh, and I forgot. You can get a lap bar (sharpsicle stick) so it’s easy to hold on your lap.

shelby-m
    Participant

Thanks to everybody who commented!

shelby-m
    Participant

PS: I don’t usually play background music in noisy places like bingo rooms or dining areas.

Paul and Brenda
    Participant

If you could try it out for a few days and tune it frequently it should hold tune.

Sidney Dharmavaram
    Participant

I took a Dusty FH26 on a bus with no problem.

Tacye
    Participant

I have taken my Pilgrim Clarsach on the bus and train and it wasn’t a hassle.

shelby-m
    Participant

I have a great padded case for my Ravenna, but right now it is my only harp and even if I had another harp, it would probably be my main performing harp.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.