Saul Davis Zlatkovski

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,831 through 1,845 (of 2,806 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Trio sonate Debussy #150840

    To go on, I am finding more and more that Debussy is the most demanding composer to play. The closer I get to perfecting his music, the more exhausting it is, emotionally and physically. Difficulty is not always measured in the number of notes.

    in reply to: Trio sonate Debussy #150839

    It is very difficult, I think, but one can learn it in time. The hardest technical passages require a long time. I would expect to spend a minimum of one year studying it thoroughly before rehearsing it. Then you could easily spend another year rehearsing it.

    in reply to: Harp Duos #150845

    Well, I could suggest all of Carlos Salzedo’s transcriptions. I’ve never heard any better duos than those.

    in reply to: sticky fingers #150851

    This is bizarre to me. Hot water makes my fingers soggy and I can’t play with soggy fingers. Or oily. I guess I can’t imagine having totally different skin. I have to sand mine once a week to keep good tone.

    in reply to: syllables for counting #84157

    Why don’t you just say, “El-nor Nie-mis-to”?

    in reply to: syllables for counting #84870

    Why don’t you just say, “El-nor Nie-mis-to”?

    in reply to: syllables for counting #85380

    Why don’t you just say, “El-nor Nie-mis-to”?

    in reply to: Beginning Harp Books for Children suggestions? #84161

    As a first book, the ABC of Harp Playing has some memorable tunes, much like “Big brown bear likes to eat, honey is his special treat, my favorite.”

    in reply to: Beginning Harp Books for Children suggestions? #84874

    As a first book, the ABC of Harp Playing has some memorable tunes, much like “Big brown bear likes to eat, honey is his special treat, my favorite.”

    in reply to: Beginning Harp Books for Children suggestions? #85384

    As a first book, the ABC of Harp Playing has some memorable tunes, much like “Big brown bear likes to eat, honey is his special treat, my favorite.”

    in reply to: Playing “in” or “into” the strings #84099

    The more of your body you are using, the more sound you will get. If you lean into the string using weight from your upper body through your arm, through your palm, coiling around through your fingers, then you will be able to get a full, round tone with your fingers completely relaxed. That said, you probably need to practice it longer and work on it in greater detail and explanation with your teacher and not online. It isn’t really respectful to him or her to go outside for advice.

    in reply to: Playing “in” or “into” the strings #84812

    The more of your body you are using, the more sound you will get. If you lean into the string using weight from your upper body through your arm, through your palm, coiling around through your fingers, then you will be able to get a full, round tone with your fingers completely relaxed. That said, you probably need to practice it longer and work on it in greater detail and explanation with your teacher and not online. It isn’t really respectful to him or her to go outside for advice.

    in reply to: Playing “in” or “into” the strings #85322

    The more of your body you are using, the more sound you will get. If you lean into the string using weight from your upper body through your arm, through your palm, coiling around through your fingers, then you will be able to get a full, round tone with your fingers completely relaxed. That said, you probably need to practice it longer and work on it in greater detail and explanation with your teacher and not online. It isn’t really respectful to him or her to go outside for advice.

    in reply to: Any male harpists in here? #165606

    I wouldn’t really worry about it. It’s really just a way people have of making conversation about something they know very little about. The harp is what you make of it, and I hope you’ll make something great.

    in reply to: syllables for counting #84154

    My favorite for quintuplets is Car-los-Sal-ze-do, naturally. For septuplets, I like pa-ra-leg-al-ass-is-tant. My sister learned ta-ki-ta for triplets and ta-ka-dee-me for quadruplets. Miss Lawrence used not-diff-i-cult for two against three. Miss Chalifoux used something like puddle-uddle-uddle for spelling out a chord.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,831 through 1,845 (of 2,806 total)