harpcolumn

Siciliene Gabriel Faure

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Siciliene Gabriel Faure

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mr-s

Hello Freinds, i am practicing this piece with a flutist, but i have only the piano and flute score, i am inquiring if there is a harp and flute edition, because the piano part is a little confused with pedal changings etc………………. i do play the piano score on the harp ,but would

barbara-brundage
    Participant

There is a flute and harp arrangement by Dewey Owens, but in the interests of simplicity (I assume) he took away all the nice parts of the accompaniment and gave them to the flute, so it’s not nearly as effective as playing the original piano/flute version. It is easier, though.

mr-s

thank you Barbara, so you advice to play the piano score?

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Well, I think it has better audience appeal, but an awful lot of harpists do use the Dewey Owens version.

mr-s

i have a record of it by Marielle Nordman and rampal , but really dont know wich edition she played…..

Dewey’s version is based, I think, on Faure’s own reduction. He has so many extra voices that, though I will play them, most harpists won’t. It’s a gorgeous piece, though, and the more you can fit in, the better. Music is not supposed to be convenient for us.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.