Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Michael Harwood
ParticipantSorry for the lateness of this reply! I received my Merlin over Thanksgiving a few months ago, and I love it! My 13 year old niece was visiting and she could not keep her hands off it. I would be happy to snaps some photos and perhaps even put op some videos of the harp if anyone is interested, though don’t be too disappointed with my playing ability! 😉
I have a decent microphone I could use to record a simple piece if there’s any that someone would like to hear to judge the sound.
Michael Harwood
ParticipantI am mostly curious about how many on this discussion forum lives in Colorado.
Michael Harwood
ParticipantHere’s an old ad for the Dauphine: http://www.prattharps.com/DauphineAd.htm
Michael Harwood
ParticipantBefore I picked up the harp I played guitar and bass, and it never occurred to me to name an instrument.
Michael Harwood
ParticipantAfter laboring under the difficult chore of trying to find a local harp instructor for my neive who lives in El Paso, Texas I would have to say that the best harp instructor would be willing to meet a student where they are and be willing to take them as far in whatever direction
Michael Harwood
ParticipantI share your opinions on the Robinson levers.
Michael Harwood
ParticipantI got five out of five!
Michael Harwood
ParticipantKolacny music here in Denver has a Merlin on their show floor. I have had the fortune of playing it multiple times and comparing it to many other harps. I have always found myself consistently going back to the Merlin as my favorite harp in the store.
As was previously mentioned the Merlin smaller than other floor harps, but I did not find it’s size uncomfortable. It projects very well and has excellent tone. All of the registers ring out beautifully, and I could not detect any significant muddiness or problems when playing.
I purchasing one from a harpist that lives in Pueblo Colorado, and will be receiving it over the Thanksgiving holidays. I would be happy to post pictures and video of the harp online if anyone is interested.
Michael Harwood
ParticipantHere’s some info on the Clement cross strung: http://mumaharps.com/harps/xharp/
Michael Harwood
ParticipantTry this:
October 5, 2010 at 12:21 pm in reply to: Your favorite kind of music to play? favorite pieces? #106405Michael Harwood
ParticipantI am not terribly good at levers, let alone playing the harp. The lever changes for me are pretty difficult.
Michael Harwood
ParticipantI don’t think he has a website. He currently lives in Gardner, Colorado with his wife Barbara. The story I was told is that he moved here and brought a huge load of wood from his homeland so he could build harps.
Michael Harwood
ParticipantVery cool!
October 4, 2010 at 7:26 pm in reply to: Your favorite kind of music to play? favorite pieces? #106403Michael Harwood
ParticipantWhat Metallica pieces are you interested in?
Michael Harwood
ParticipantVery interesting.
-
AuthorPosts