column

Sharping levers

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Sharping levers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mary Anne
    Participant

Hello again

i own a Flatsicle harp and am very satisfied with the sound.
    But not with the sharping levers, because they can be heard – and the sound of the string is “muffled”.
    My warranty has long expired, so i will try to exchange the levers.
    The question is: What other levers fit on a Flatsicle harp (Loveland?), or is this harp only built in combination and for use with the Robinson levers?

Many thanks

Ann

I know exactly what you mean! I had exactly the same question (different harp) a few months ago.

I’d suggest you contact MusicMakers in Minnesota. (Main page: http://www.harpkit.com )

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Hi Mary Anne, I would also be very interested to hear what other levers can be substituted for the Robinson’s, since I am interested in ordering this Flatsicle harp as a “take-along” lap harp.

Mary Anne
    Participant

Thank you.
    I have also been checked with the recommendation there. The problem: There is not much room for new levers, if any, would fit well only the Loveland flaps.
    And the second problem: You would have closed the old holes, because new levers need new holes elsewhere.

Therefore, it seems to me quite difficult.
    Then the Robinson levers probably must stay.

@ Gloria: On my Flatsicle the levers can be heard when in use.
    The sound is then very dull and unattractive.

Ann

My previous harp had Robinson levers and I hated tham. My current harp has Lovelands. Though my first choice would have been Trutts, my harp came only with Lovelands. I like them surprisingly well. They are easy to use and do not change the string’s tone in the slightest. If it’s possible to change out your Robinsons for Lovelands, I highly recommend doing it.

Michael Harwood
    Participant

I share your opinions on the Robinson levers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.