harpcolumn

Sharping levers

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Sharping levers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mary Anne
    Participant

Hello again

i own a Flatsicle harp and am very satisfied with the sound.
    But not with the sharping levers, because they can be heard – and the sound of the string is “muffled”.
    My warranty has long expired, so i will try to exchange the levers.
    The question is: What other levers fit on a Flatsicle harp (Loveland?), or is this harp only built in combination and for use with the Robinson levers?

Many thanks

Ann

I know exactly what you mean! I had exactly the same question (different harp) a few months ago.

I’d suggest you contact MusicMakers in Minnesota. (Main page: http://www.harpkit.com )

harpglo-jean
    Participant

Hi Mary Anne, I would also be very interested to hear what other levers can be substituted for the Robinson’s, since I am interested in ordering this Flatsicle harp as a “take-along” lap harp.

Mary Anne
    Participant

Thank you.
    I have also been checked with the recommendation there. The problem: There is not much room for new levers, if any, would fit well only the Loveland flaps.
    And the second problem: You would have closed the old holes, because new levers need new holes elsewhere.

Therefore, it seems to me quite difficult.
    Then the Robinson levers probably must stay.

@ Gloria: On my Flatsicle the levers can be heard when in use.
    The sound is then very dull and unattractive.

Ann

My previous harp had Robinson levers and I hated tham. My current harp has Lovelands. Though my first choice would have been Trutts, my harp came only with Lovelands. I like them surprisingly well. They are easy to use and do not change the string’s tone in the slightest. If it’s possible to change out your Robinsons for Lovelands, I highly recommend doing it.

Michael Harwood
    Participant

I share your opinions on the Robinson levers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics