melissa-gallant

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What is in your gig book? #61397
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

    One of my gig book favorites is Eleanor Fell’s arrangement of Rachmaninoff’s 2nd
    Piano Concerto. It carries well and seems to be appreciated by listeners of many ages and backgrounds.

    in reply to: Niagara Falls (Daugherty) – Anyone played? #61322
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

    I remember using a pick to get the glisses loud enough.

    in reply to: Looking for Flute & Harp Christmas (or Advent) Arrangements #61304
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

    Hi, Mary! Kerstin Allvin did a recording of harp and flute Christmas pieces several years ago. It’s called Comfort and Joy, and can be found on Spotify. If you like the arrangements, Kerstin might share some of them with you. She is on Facebook.

    in reply to: Marie Antoinette and the harp #102059
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

    A friend made a Medieval looking gown for me a few years ago. I’ve worn it for several Halloween themed concerts. If any asks, I say I’m the queen of the pedals!

    in reply to: Joint Custody Practice Habits #82366
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

    Thanks for the suggestions! I did suggest to the student and her mother in person that they talk with someone at her school about having a secure place to store her folk harp. I also mentioned that suggestion to her father in an email. … Every lesson since then has been cancelled. I don’t think the motivation to learn the instrument is really there.

    in reply to: Helpful Websites #103385
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

    http://www.mcareerjuice.com/

    This is a blog that is not harp specific. It deals with building careers in the ever-changing world of music business!

    in reply to: Programs for Senior Citizens #145879
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

    Thanks for the suggestions and advice!

    in reply to: Programs for Senior Citizens #145875
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

    First, I want to get an appropriate fee in mind, then figure what’s the lowest I’d be willing to discount it for less affluent sites.

    in reply to: How hard do you think Firebird is? #145939
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

    Try transposing the harmonics section

    in reply to: music for lever free folk harp #82833
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

    Thanks for the suggestions! I particularly appreciate knowing there are “harpsicle” books

    in reply to: New Ideas for Music? #104921
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

    “Nocturne” from the group Secret Garden is a pretty tune! The piano sheet music I found/downloaded is very harp friendly as written. The music I bought says it’s by Borodin, but it’s the exact same music that’s also listed as by Rolf Lovland. He also wrote “You Raise Me Up” which is becoming quite popular with brides. I believe there is a harp arrangement of that one.

    in reply to: Harp/Organ recital recommendations #147231
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

    I’ve used this CPE Bach piece before, and have enjoyed it. I also found a listing for a harp and organ piece by Alfred Holy, called “Legend for harp and organ, Op. 32.” I’m not familiar with that work, but it might be interesting to see what it looks like.

    Three Duets for Organ and Harp (or Keyboard) by CPE Bach, edited by Ludwig Altman, with performance options by Linda Wood and Dale Wood, 1976, originally written for a musical clock using flute pipes and harp

    in reply to: New composer #105275
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

    I just listened to your youtube video. The music is very pretty!

    in reply to: anyone else find a patterned carpet offputting? #105303
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

    I’ve found that using Bow Brand – Concedo gut strings on the second octave helps a lot. The strings that are normally clear are white

    in reply to: Borodin string quartet harp arrangement? #106074
    melissa-gallant
    Participant

    Thanks, Barbara. … I did find a piano solo download version of The Borodin Nocturne on a sheet music site, so am quite happy! … I had been curious to see if it

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)