Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
kreig-kitts
Member“I don’t care if there’s a hurricane! IT’S MY SPECIAL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
kreig-kitts
MemberYou can view it at http://www.itv.com/borntoshine/shows/show-six/
kreig-kitts
MemberI wondered why you’d be posting about a rugby player on a harp forum, then decided to Google to find the Gareth Thomas who’s a harpist, and low and behold, the rugby star is learning to play the harp!
“If I don’t get something right I’m swearing and kicking … But you have to keep calm with the harp…”
He’s
kreig-kitts
MemberFor that price, you should drop a harp CD in a stereo and say “I’ll be back in two hours.”
kreig-kitts
MemberI use the iPhone ClearTune app and it works wonderfully. Without a microphone it picks up the highest strings more easily than my Korg with a mic did, but if you need to tune around others who are warming up, a microphone tuner would be much better (I think you can use a mic with Cleartune, but I don’t have the need enough). Barbara has written about those with phone/pad apps
kreig-kitts
MemberHow big is the harp?
kreig-kitts
MemberThe question I must ask: did you wear a particular costume?
kreig-kitts
MemberI’m thinking of hitting our band librarian up for my music ahead of our first fall rehearsal for the same reason.
kreig-kitts
Memberkreig-kitts
MemberI think
kreig-kitts
MemberI went to a great concert of the Fry Street Quartet, where they did a terrific job of talking about pieces beforehand, including playing bits of motifs. The violinist who did the talking
kreig-kitts
MemberIn a solo capacity, not including solo-ensemble recitals in junior high band,
kreig-kitts
MemberI also highly recommend, as a non-harp music book, “A Soprano on Her Head” by Eloise Ristad. One of the harp stores sold it at one point, maybe Vanderbilt or Melody’s, though you can also get it on Amazon or special order it through a bookstore.
kreig-kitts
MemberI wish I could still worry about my hair…
kreig-kitts
MemberIf it’s a brand new harp, I’d contact whomever you bought it from first and see if they have suggestions.
-
AuthorPosts