harpcolumn

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Tuners

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

It’s finally time for me to buy a new tuner. Does anyone have a favorite? I imagine that there must be all kinds of new gadgets, bells and whistles out there now!

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Do you have a smartphone or ipad? There are plenty of apps now and it saves having to carry a separate device. For iOS I like cleartune and Peterson’s iStrobosoft, and I would guess there must be similar options for android phones.

tony-morosco
    Participant

My favorite is my Peterson Virtual Strobe tuner.

I also use the Peterson tuning app Barbara mentions on my iphone and ipad. Very convenient. I also use another app called Cleartune on my iphone that I like a lot.

And I have a little Korg tuner that I really use for my guitar, but it works alright with the harp in a

john-strand
    Participant

Boss TU-12 – I always use it with a contact mike – I also have one of those fancy Petersen VS-1 strobe tuners, but frankly, the whirling strobe makes me dizzy and they are hard for me to read – the Boss with a contact mike will read everything on my harp except the top four strings – I find them on Ebay at a pretty good price.

steven-amazeen
    Participant

If you have an Android phone I highly recommend gStrings.

kreig-kitts

I use the iPhone ClearTune app and it works wonderfully. Without a microphone it picks up the highest strings more easily than my Korg with a mic did, but if you need to tune around others who are warming up, a microphone tuner would be much better (I think you can use a mic with Cleartune, but I don’t have the need enough). Barbara has written about those with phone/pad apps

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

Unfortunately, I don’t have a smart phone yet. I’m afraid of the monthly fees being too high, but I haven’t really looked into it. As it as – being that I’m older than dirt – this is the first time I’ve ever felt the need for one!

So does a smart phone qualify as a harp accessory? Would it be appropriate to discuss monthly fees and phone sound quality for the different companies in this thread? (I really like my Verizon service…)

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Hi, Pat. Well, if you don’t want the phone part, there’s always the ipod or the ipad. I just have a dumb phone and those.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies