Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI don’t name my instruments either.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantA cross-strung harp with pedals??
jessica-wolff
ParticipantCongratulations (you should play it in good health)!
jessica-wolff
ParticipantI like to have a complete set of extra strings, but what they call a “skeleton set” will do the trick.
Your harp is about an inch taller than mine, I think, and most of the lever changes in the middle of a song will probably not occur towards the bass end.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantGreat!
jessica-wolff
ParticipantQuite a few nineteenth-century and some eighteenth-century harps are still or again being played–you can see some of them on YouTube. Very few of them are all-original–original soundboard, original neck &c.
Take good care of your harp. That’s the best guarantee.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantCan it be? Have you actually found YOUR harp?
jessica-wolff
ParticipantSo do I! And he did post on every thread, but the moderator apparently removed all but one. Gidi, let us know how you make out!
jessica-wolff
ParticipantNatty, I think Gidi is a he. Gidi is a nickname for Gideon. I understand about not knowing which thread might be the right one, because they aren’t defined on the site. Some are obvious, but others–Coffee Break springs to mind–aren’t. But Gidi just posted EVERYwhere.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantThat’s surely one of the funniest!
September 30, 2010 at 3:30 am in reply to: Walter Krasicki Sr. of Venus Harps passed away September 27, 2010 #149347jessica-wolff
ParticipantThanks for spreading the word.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantWell, it requires a certain amount of coddling, yes. But quite a few people think it’s very worth it.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantGidi (Gideon?), you have posted the same message on three different threads so far. That’s not the best way to get a reply.
jessica-wolff
ParticipantWe’ll be looking forward!
jessica-wolff
ParticipantThis was a guitar teacher, but it applies as easily to harp. I asked my teacher to give me a metronome reading or something (such as playing it herself) to help me with a vihuela piece I didn’t know. She said to listen to a lot of music of the same period or type and I would develop a sense for how it ought to sound.
I do think that harp hand positions are less cut-&-dried or simple than guitar hand positions and that the student benefits from watching the teacher play.
-
AuthorPosts