Jerusha Amado

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 973 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Brand new pedal harp!!!!!!!! #76735
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Shelby,
    Dark chocolate! That’s a great way to describe the bass strings of a Salvi harp!

    in reply to: You Tube #104260
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Wow, I can’t believe the number of responses to this email thread! I appreciate all of the wonderful suggestions for videos to view on YouTube!

    in reply to: Brand new pedal harp!!!!!!!! #76721
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Shelby,
    Congratulations on your new harp!!
    I know what you mean about the Salvi sound. This brand is known for its wonderful warm tone. I have a Salvi semi-grand with their new concept soundboard, and it’s exquisite.

    in reply to: Rest in Peace Ruth Berman #112540
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Tony,
    My sincere condolences to you, as well as to the harp community for the loss of a wonderful teacher and performer. I heard the news from the AHS Phoenix Chapter and the first person I thought of was you. I know how much a great teacher is a part of one’s life, as she was to you. You are part of her legacy now.
    Jerusha

    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Kay,
    I agree with you totally! The best compliments I receive on gigs are inevitably for simple music. One time a woman started crying when I played “She Moved through the Fair”. It really touched my heart that the she was moved by that song, and it was a rather simple improvisation.

    in reply to: Electric harp choices & advice #76460
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Jeffrey,
    I have too many harps (3), and also I used to play the Silhouette in a church band for a few years for contemporary services, but the group disbanded, and I didn’t have any where to play the harp anymore. It’s just not being used!

    in reply to: Lyon and Healy Silhouette for sale #69335
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Jeffrey,
    It comes with a padded case, an adjustable stand, a strap for mobile performance, a tuning key, a regulation kit and extra strings.

    in reply to: Producing a good tone with bony fingers #60219
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Jennifer,
    Thanks for bringing up this topic! I have bony fingers and very little flesh on them. I just make the best of what I have, but I’m envious of Sam Karlinski’s fleshy pads!
    I hope that others in our boat write back with any tips to create lush tones.

    in reply to: Lyon and Healy Silhouette for sale #69332
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Jessica!
    It feels better that I’m not the only one, but I really admire the technological wizards of the world!

    in reply to: Lyon and Healy Silhouette for sale #69330
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi everyone!
    I just wanted to say that my Silhouette is still for sale. I’ve dropped the price to $4300. If you’re interested in purchasing it, please email me for further information and photos. (US buyers only, please.)

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61499
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Allison,
    Great to hear that you’re now working on “Stairway” and that you like it!!

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61492
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hugh,
    I’m sorry about putting this thread in the wrong category. I used to put it in the “Coffee Break” section (before we had “Repertoire”), so I did so again out of habit.

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61491
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Justin,
    You bring up a very good point–not all parts of the world experience the same seasons simultaneously; therefore, I’ll change the name of the thread to “February 2013”.

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61488
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Star Wars Trilogy music! That sounds really cool!
    Do you think that the harp part is prominent enough so that you can be heard during the performance?

    in reply to: What’s on your music stand? (February 2013) #61486
    Jerusha Amado
    Participant

    Hi Sherj,
    I was just over at YouTube listening to the videos of “My Song in the Night”. I agree with you–it’s deep and reflective–a wonderful piece! I also noticed that folkharp.com carries Rhett’s version, and that he dedicated it to his good friend, Brook Boddie. I think that’s so neat!
    Hi Tony,
    Thanks for posting. I kind of figured you’re still a jazz lever harp man! Happy harping!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 973 total)