Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
jennifer-buehler
MemberI like these because these harpists don’t let levers (or lack of them) limit them. I get so tired of people saying “you can’t…” about lever harp (and half the time they’re wrong.
jennifer-buehler
MemberI played my first big production wedding last weekend.
jennifer-buehler
MemberI had a dream that my partner and I were walking to a gig.
jennifer-buehler
MemberI used to work as a music therapist in the nursing homes and one unit in particular was difficult like that.
jennifer-buehler
MemberAre you working for a studio?
jennifer-buehler
MemberAre you working for a studio?
jennifer-buehler
MemberAre you working for a studio?
jennifer-buehler
MemberPage turning is more than just physically turning the pages.
April 18, 2008 at 7:28 pm in reply to: Radio controlled replacement technology for pedal harps #68591jennifer-buehler
MemberA couple more that you might enjoy.
April 17, 2008 at 9:49 pm in reply to: Radio controlled replacement technology for pedal harps #68589jennifer-buehler
MemberJust thought you may be interested in this posting from Ray Pool on another forum
“Given the choice for any event — I’m sitting behind a 36 string lever harp.
It makes my life much easier getting in and out of the venues. A few years
ago when my steady engagement ended at The Waldorf = Astoria, I played the
last two weeks on a 36 string lever harp — right smack-dab in the middle of the
lobby. No one even thought about asking a question such as “Why aren’t you
playing on a ‘real’ harp?” They liked what they heard and frequently stopped
by to say so.And I can still play whole tone scales, secondary dominants, flat ninths and
whatever chromatic passing tones I want to. Modulate, improvise. All that
stuff those OTHER harpists do — well, ought to be able to do in some cases.”Glad to hear that you’re experimenting.
jennifer-buehler
MemberI have a Triplett Christina which I love.
jennifer-buehler
MemberI would second Patricia’s recommendation to listen to Alfredo Rolando Ortiz’s recordings.
jennifer-buehler
MemberIs there any way you can rent a lower tension harp for a while?
jennifer-buehler
MemberI dreamed I was at a performance but it took so long to set up that everyone got up and left.
-
AuthorPosts