Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
janet-king
ParticipantThen there’s the “Rhymes With Orange” cartoon, with an average joe at the gates of heaven, which looks alot like an exclusive club with a velvet rope, and St Peter looking like a bouncer (muscle shirt, tatoo, key chain, sunglasses) holding a list, and the guy says, “Check the list again, I’m friends with the harpist.”
janet-king
ParticipantAround 25/26 mpg sounds about right.
janet-king
ParticipantYeah but, the Matrix — my Matrix — has all-wheel drive!!!
janet-king
ParticipantBarbara, I humbly bow before your greater wisdom!!!
janet-king
ParticipantKirsten, I’ve owned a Matrix for around 3 years now, and I’m still amazed that my semigrand fits in there.
janet-king
ParticipantOr, something like, “I no longer play for free, but in your special case, I’d be willing to give you a 20% discount off my regular fee of $1000.”
janet-king
ParticipantWell gaawlly, I’ve been waiting years to hear an explanation for that behavior!!
janet-king
ParticipantHi Sarah, I’m the resident Matrix fanatic.
janet-king
Participantor how about (deviating a bit from the original post here…),
janet-king
Participant“The most idiotic comment I overheard was a woman telling her kids that
when the harp player got more advanced she wouldn’t need the colored
strings anymore.”I vote that one for most idiotic!!
janet-king
ParticipantOh but Doc, I want a break when I’m on break!!!
janet-king
ParticipantRegarding the price question, I always answer it.
janet-king
Participant“people have actually touched and played my harp while I’m playing or standing nearby….Most of the time I inwardly cringe but don’t say anything,”
OK, this is what I was talking about in my previous rant (“Listen up, people”).
janet-king
ParticipantOh yeah, I get that all the time, but I never take offense, it’s just people — generally men — trying to be witty, in a harmless way.
December 7, 2007 at 1:08 pm in reply to: If I’ve only been playing harp for a year, is it likely that I can major in it? #163782janet-king
ParticipantI continually give thanks that I’m not a kid in today’s high pressure world…
-
AuthorPosts