Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Havalah@Yarashus.com
ParticipantI have a beautiful all-wood folding chair like this that I use indoors:
Mine is a dark wood, though, to match my harp.
March 14, 2012 at 1:21 am in reply to: Where is your harp taking you? What tangents have you found too good to resist. #156120Havalah@Yarashus.com
ParticipantWonderful! I hope God takes you takes you far with it!
Havalah@Yarashus.com
ParticipantIt’s not necessary, although if a parent were considering starting a child on an instrument before age 8 I would recommend it- Maybe just to get to the point where they can read music so they can move up faster when they start harp, which will lead to a more enjoyable harp experience.
Havalah@Yarashus.com
ParticipantMinimizing water exposure is really hard for me because I have swim practice for two hours a day.
Bleach or vinegar will also bleach your skin a lighter color -?Havalah@Yarashus.com
ParticipantWell, now maybe you know of one person who still plays their Mid-East harp? I have a 22 string version of that harp, and it is holding up fine. I saved up and bought it myself when I was 10 or 11 and I have been playing it for almost 3 years.
Besides the levers, which don’t stay up, it has reasonable sound for the price I got it for. Actually, my harp is a SuperHarp, it doesn’t have any cracks or serious injuries despite being knocked over about once a month by siblings; and even though I play it ALL THE TIME none of the strings have broken and I have never replaced them. I ought to…)
I got mine from a different retailer, and I don’t know, maybe they check for quality. I wouldn’t recommend a larger size to anyone, if I were to get a 34 string harp I would want to get a better quality; but for less than $300 dollars for a brand new beginners harp, it’s not so bad.
Havalah@Yarashus.com
ParticipantMaybe if you were away for a week or so that might be worth it; but if I had to give it up for several months, I think I would be more concerned about keeping my songs under my fingers than maintaining my calluses.
Havalah@Yarashus.com
ParticipantRight now I’ve got Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring and Pachelbel Cannon (both duets) and I’ve just started working on the Flower Duet.
It would be wonderful not to have to work all my songs around for a 22 string harp…
Havalah@Yarashus.com
ParticipantOops… I didn’t know that-I’ll remember to log off next time!
Havalah@Yarashus.com
ParticipantSorry for not specifying: I don’t raise after each note, only after a phrase.
Havalah@Yarashus.com
ParticipantI was (am!) taught that you are supposed to close your fingers into the hand and then raise. Mostly the raising is just for visual beauty, it doesn’t affect the sound; so once you close your fingers you can do whatever you like in the way of raising.
-
AuthorPosts