Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Evangeline Williams
ParticipantAs far as the Apollo, does it have a different design of soundboard than other Salvis’s?
Evangeline Williams
ParticipantThose wrap around tinsel coated wire things, we used to use them during harp recitals.
Evangeline Williams
ParticipantWhat’s the best place to get the original score from?
Evangeline Williams
ParticipantGloria Galante is in Bucks County and at West Chester University.
Evangeline Williams
ParticipantI’ve seen some scary things happen to rental instruments back when I worked in a music shop.
Evangeline Williams
ParticipantI’m going to assume you’re writing original pieces, and not adaptations of pop or classical.
Evangeline Williams
ParticipantCentral NJ?
Evangeline Williams
ParticipantOther teachers in the PA area are Gloria Galante, Janet Whitman and Martha Clancy.
Evangeline Williams
ParticipantWelcome back!!!!!
Technique is such an interesting subject to discuss.
Evangeline Williams
ParticipantAs far as Broadway itself, they are all union musicians.
Evangeline Williams
ParticipantI had a teacher in college who loaned me some of the pieces I was working on.
Evangeline Williams
ParticipantI don’t think it’s ever too late to pursue a harp career.
Evangeline Williams
ParticipantDo you know if this particular student has problems with motivation in other areas?
Evangeline Williams
ParticipantI’vefound the performance levers better about tone, since they are metal, however they seem to wear down the string a lot more…the Bb above middle C on my Shamrock I sometimes will keep as B natural, since the string lately is a bit icky at that spot and the lever makes it kinda buzz….I haven’t gotten around to just replacing that string but maybe I can do it this weekend since I don’t have to play out on that harp anytime too soon.
Evangeline Williams
ParticipantI only have one student, so my way of doing things may not apply…and I’ve only been teaching for a year.
I skipped the pieces with Bbs at first, and then did the ones in the book all at once.
-
AuthorPosts