deb-l

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 961 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: New Harpo Marx Web Site #105522
    deb-l
    Participant

    your so lucky to have met his son!

    in reply to: Bernard Andres pieces #105265
    deb-l
    Participant

    yes, most Andres are for levers, there is some that is only for pedals though.

    in reply to: Bernard Andres pieces #105263
    deb-l
    Participant

    Elizabeth, please tell us all about it!

    I was wondering if a 40 string pedal harp would be enough strings to get through the easier Andres, Grandjany , Hasselmans pedal harp pieces?

    in reply to: New Harpo Marx Web Site #105519
    deb-l
    Participant

    I enjoyed this very much, thanks for posting it!

    in reply to: which would you choose? #157132
    deb-l
    Participant

    hi Harper Cait, I’ve always enjoy Fariyharpers Carolan tunes on youtube. That was why I was thinking of the Aziliz. I found the harp I was looking for in the Korrigan though, and have been playing more pedal harpy type tunes.

    in reply to: harp strings #105643
    deb-l
    Participant

    just wondering if anyone has tried Camac Boyau Classique Gut? That’s what’s on my Korrigan and I love everything about that harp, very little string breakage on it too. Strings don’t appear as shiny and I heard complaints about varnish.

    in reply to: Can’t believe . . . #105723
    deb-l
    Participant

    Kay, it is a beautiful harp, congratulations.

    in reply to: Can’t believe . . . #105720
    deb-l
    Participant

    Kay, how long did you have to wait for your pedal harp? What kind do you have again? Your post makes me hopeful that I’ll have one someday. I hope I can keep my Korrigan too.

    in reply to: How many strings normally break? #71590
    deb-l
    Participant

    how many strings break depend on a number of things. With a new Troub or Prelude it’s a good idea to keep of record of which strings are breaking on what date and whether it’s at the eyelet or the lever. If you see the same strings breaking in the same places the place your renting from can change or regulate the lever or possibly sand an eyelet. It’s not a big deal for them to change a lever, or two, not uncommon, but don’t try it yourself if your renting. Also weather can have an influence such as high humidity or just before a storm.

    in reply to: Camac Clio – opinions? #71632
    deb-l
    Participant

    It’s a style 16, sorry.

    in reply to: Camac Clio – opinions? #71631
    deb-l
    Participant

    I admit I often check the used pedal harps on Virginia harp centers website. There is a Clio straight that I think of, and there was an Aoyama etude that was a really good price. I got my Korrigan from them. But today I saw a 1924 style 17 that blew me away. New neck and base too. I love the old L&Hs.

    in reply to: Bernard Andres pieces #105261
    deb-l
    Participant

    thanks Barb.

    in reply to: Bernard Andres pieces #105259
    deb-l
    Participant

    no lever changes in any of the Andres pieces I’ve played.

    Since we’re talking about pedal harp music for levers, The book this is in by Hasselman says it’s only for Pedal harp but it really looks to me like she’s playing it on a Korrigan in this youtube video.

    in reply to: Bernard Andres pieces #105255
    deb-l
    Participant

    I ordered Nancy Gustavson’s The Magic Road, Alphonse Hasselmans Petite Berceuse and Sketches for Harpist beginners, Salzedo.

    in reply to: Bernard Andres pieces #105253
    deb-l
    Participant

    I gave Grandjany’s Reverie so I am anxious to learn that too now, there’s not as many chords but it is also different from what I’ve been playing so there is a learning curve.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 961 total)