• Participant
    deb-l on #157109

the Livia rental is up soon.

Participant
    deb-l on #157110

I’m going to give the Korrigan a shot.

Participant
    shelby-m on #157111

If you can afford it, I say keep more than one! 😛 Best of luck to you…. ah, these little beasties are so addicting, aren’t they?

tony-morosco on #157112

It’s really a personal thing. You have to listen and decide for yourself what works best for you.

That said, if it were me and my ears that needed to be pleased in this situation I would go with the Korrigan.

Participant
    deb-l on #157113

yes very addicting.

Participant
    shelby-m on #157114

I am not planning to stop at one!

Participant
    deb-l on #157115

It would be nice if every harpist could have a pedal harp, a lever harp, and a travel harp.

Participant
    diana-lincoln on #157116

I’m so glad you are going to give Korrigan a try. I was inches from buying one myself but the lightly used Ogden was such a tempting deal…I couldn’t say no to the deal. I’m really enjoying playing different types of music on my gut harps. I’m finding I only use my Dusty FH26 when I have to go someplace involving stairs…I also enjoy FairyHarper especially when she plays her Ana. I think you might be unhappy with aziliz unless you really need the portability. If you ever go back to nylon do not overlook camac concert de melusine(spelling?) It is a most beautiful harp with a great sound and very well constructed.
    Best to you!!!
    Diana L.

Participant
    deb-l on #157117

thanks Diana, I’m glad you approve, I think we share very similar tastes.

Participant
    shelby-m on #157118

I have not set my heart on a specific lap harp yet – I don’t know of any actual “lap harps” other than the Harpsicle brand, the Limerick, and Christina therapy harp by Triplett.

Participant
    diana-lincoln on #157119

There is something magical about every Salvi harp I’ve ever heard. Right now I’m waist deep in L&H but if bargain hunting was not in play I would be all over Salvi even with the levers they use. The other harp in my sights would be a Thormahlen Swan made just for me. If a Daphne is within reach I say scratch that itch!!! You just never know until you have a chance to live with it. I can’t wait to hear what you decide. Whatever you choose, keep enjoying the process!

Best! Diana L.

Participant
    elena-bittasi on #157120

Hi, Deb! If you like playing irish music and Carolan, and you like Camac harps, I warmly suggest to try the new Janet: wonderful for this kind of music!!

Participant
    Amber M on #157121

Have you considered looking at Caswells? He has some awesome smaller harps appropriate for travel. I have a Caswell Butterfly (which sees just as much playtime as my Dusty Ravenna, 36S, Salvi Ana and sharpsicle).

Participant
    deb-l on #157122

Amber, I just found a video of the Caswell Butterfly, what a gorgeous looking and sounding harp!

Participant
    shelby-m on #157123

Has anyone here tried a Caswell SweetHarp?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.