Briggsie B. Peawiggle

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 717 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: If money was no object I would buy…. #102357

    The only one? This is ridiculously baroque?

    in reply to: Tuning in C or Eb ? #85970

    Keep it in Eb and raise the Eb, Ab and Bb levers. I don’t think you want to take a new harp and start retuning to different keys. I would want my new harp to get used to being tuned in the key of Eb for stability. It just makes good sense to tune in Eb in my opinion, for versatility sake. Besides, after a a few months, you may wish to pick up something in G or F just for the fun of it, or improvise a little on your own. Hearing music in the same key gets tedious to my ear. It probably will to you, too.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: pedal diagrams #86086

    Elizabeth,

    I understood what you were saying, and I am in total agreement with you. It’s good to have a wonderful model to study, but everyone is human, and therefore, imperfect.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: Who is John Doe, vote now! #109976

    Actually, Saul, I did see it as an attack of sorts when you made some sort of comment about begging for a harp and getting one by begging. We all knew who you were referring too, and apparently Basel did too. It was pretty shabby.

    Briggs

    in reply to: If money was no object I would buy…. #102353

    Leigh,

    The levers were installed by Bill Webster, who lives and works just a mere 12 or so miles south of me. It’s very handy….he’s good, fast and not expensive. 🙂 The Eve has become a useable harp now. I am happy.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: If money was no object I would buy…. #102342

    Leigh, I just don’t have an answer for you. Some may never go, I suspect. Mine went at 113,000+ but I could still drive it. It was just losing coolant, but it was not overheating. But ooooh you could really smell the coolant. It has 2 head gaskets, so both will be redone. I got news yesterday that the gaskets, the wheel bearing (which has also gone bad on the left front) and the timing belt replacement will be $1800….ballpark. It’s less than I thought it would be, and far less than a dealer would charge– and my dealer just sucks. They couldn’t even bleed my brakes properly there….I drove away with air in the lines on a Friday at closing time — with a wedding to do the next day. I had to take it to a little shop the next morning to get the brake lines bled properly. No way do I want them messing with my engine.

    I too love my Subie for hauling Big Daddy around in. I can get the Camac (that’s Big D) and my Troub in it together, along with accoutrements of the trade….music stand…etc. I even took the Camac to Kentucky (from Michigan) last spring with a suitcase and all my other junk. It’s a fairly easy load, and I just LOVE the car to pieces. To me it’s worth the fix.

    Of course this all happened to the car after I spent some money on getting Loveland levers (full set) put on my little Eve harp last weekend. Who cares? The Eve has levers now!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

    Briggsie

    in reply to: If money was no object I would buy…. #102332

    Yes, I have seen the Oriane….it’s so gold and purty….that’s why I want one just once in my lifetime. It isn’t going to happen, but it’s cool to think about. Here’s a link to a 15:

    in reply to: If money was no object I would buy…. #102330

    A Camac

    in reply to: Automatic feet #86101

    As a pedal harpist first and foremost, I admit that I totally suck at flipping levers on the fly. I just found those yellow and white rings this week and ordered some. My Camacs are prominently marked with red and blue rings, but the levers I may have to flip are hard for me to get quickly, so the white and yellow rings should help some. I loved that idea. To me, levers just seem so odd, but then I started life as an organist who learned to do things with my feet….it seems natural to change the string length with my feet and not my hands.

    Briggsie

    in reply to: needing advice on the Camac Korrigan and the L&H Troubador VI #73497

    Carm,

    Did you check out this site:

    in reply to: Recording Your Own “Performance” #161190

    What kind of trouble? I have no trouble at all with mine.

    in reply to: pedal diagrams #86078

    Christian,

    The devil made me do it.

    Briggs

    in reply to: Automatic feet #86095

    Sherry,

    I work my pedaling into the score exactly as if I were pulling stops on an organ. There is a place to do them, and they always get changed at the same spot — on the same beat or whatever. I practice that into the score, just as I used to do my stop changes on the organ. And yes, it becomes automatic after you practice it enough. I notice my foot will just GO where it’s supposed to after I practice enough.

    Now, whether or not you have more or less awareness of keys while playing harp as opposed to keyboard…..I suppose you COULD blank out and not really know what key you are in

    in reply to: pedal diagrams #86076

    I like them above the staff, but then I am a commie pinko

    in reply to: Recording Your Own “Performance” #161187

    My husband gave me the Zoom H2 for Christmas, and it is wonderful. It records on a SD card.

    Briggs

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 717 total)