Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
November 19, 2009 at 12:32 am in reply to: Obligatory Lesson Policy – Has anyone heard of this practice? #84122
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantShe’s nuts…..really after money
November 19, 2009 at 12:32 am in reply to: Obligatory Lesson Policy – Has anyone heard of this practice? #84835Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantShe’s nuts…..really after money
November 19, 2009 at 12:32 am in reply to: Obligatory Lesson Policy – Has anyone heard of this practice? #85345Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantShe’s nuts…..really after money
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantI vote for Ray Pool’s too, although mine is the pedal harp version, and the book he has with secular Christmas tunes is great too, but
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantI see some great suggestions here already, and I would also suggest a really good long soak in epsom salts afterwards. When I was doing organ repair work and ended up on some really awkward positions (suspended in seemingly mid air for hours) for long periods of times, the epsom soak always helped me for the next day.
Briggsie
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantGood point, Dwyn. Maybe everyone should have a
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantI don’t own one of these, and I’m not sure it’s for me, but it has been recommended on here several times in the past:
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantYou should replace the missing string as soon as you can, as having strings gone causes the pressure on the soundboard to be off.
Briggsie
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantPat, you’re tuning them flat so that when you engage the levers they are going up 1/2 step to naturals. This gives you a lot more options for keys. If you want to play in the key of F, you will engage the Eb and Ab, but flip the Bbs down, because when you disengage that lever, the B goes to Bb. 🙂
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantOh wow, Pat….it’s just beautiful. I see you got the extra string at the bottom, too. Kerstin has the same on hers. I love it…..and I love that is has Camac levers. What a gorgeous instrument. Bill does such excellent work. Enjoy it for many years!
Briggsie
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantWe shall never see Pat again. LOL….I know you love it. Let us know if you ever manage to drag yourself away from it. 🙂
Congratulations!
Briggs
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantCarl, I wish I could try one of your harps. Sadly there are none in Michigan. Do you ever go to any workshops and set up in the exhibits? I thought maybe you would be at AHS Detroit, but I didn’t see you.
Briggsie
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantKaren, I really don’t want to fight with you…or even argue. In an attempt to let you know that there were no hard feelings in one of the earlier posts, I put in a smiley face. That’s the only way I know of to get a feeling across on the written word here. Seriously, there were no hard feelings, and seriously I didn’t mind, and really and truly I didn’t feel there was a need for an apology since there was nothing done to require one. I didn’t mean for you to get angry/upset/whatever. I’m sorry it didn’t come across the right way and that eventually I got frustrated with the discussion.
Briggs
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantAgreed Barbara. Karen appears to be on the muscle for some reason. Apparently she didn’t see my smiley that I put on there. I don’t know why she is so defensive. I simply stated that she didn’t need to apologize for saying my harp wasn’t to her taste. Karen…..first you say my harp is not nice-looking, and then you apologize, and when I tell you you don’t need to you snip at me about some injustice I have theoretically done you. Geeeeeeeeeeeez……please lighten up!!
Briggs
Briggsie B. Peawiggle
ParticipantAs I wrote, most people don’t even notice something like levers on a big floor harp. They are not out of proportion, and they work beautifully, smoothly and don’t compromise the sound. It doesn’t matter to me that you don’t like how they look. Looks are not that important to me. It seems that most people who play Webster’s harps prefer the Camacs, including my teacher who owns a McFall with them on. No need to apologize just because you don’t care for the looks of it….just as most will not apologize for their personal taste. Frankly, I despise any other brand of levers myself….just my
-
AuthorPosts