bernhard-schmidt

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Lever Harp longevity #73755
    bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

    Ann,

    I’m harp maker in Germany.
    I

    in reply to: Camac MIDI Harp demo #150015
    bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

    Hallo Michael,
    I just found this thread …thank you for pointing to my MIDI harp. The Camac MIDI harp uses basically the converters I introduced to the harpworld in summer 2006 with my first MIDI harp. This was the first existing and working MIDI harp with pitch detection or frequency recognition. This converter did already exist but in another context. So, I didn’t develop the Harp MIDI Converter but I was able to find the necessary parts and put them together in a new way. This is my creative part.
    In springtime 2007 I visited Camac to introduce my system to Camac…hoping for a good cooperation.
    At this time Camac was not satisfied with the solution they already had. The problem they had was the frequency change when a harpist needs to move the pedals.
    The MIDI system I used was able to follow every frequency changes…also the pitch change with pedal movement. Beside this, the system could translate also the plucking position at the string, the volume in to MIDI data. The frequency recognition of the converters follows continuously every change in the frequency of the plucked string and creates a MIDI message.
    I see this system as the big step in harp evolution because the harpist stays very close to the important sound generating process of the string. This can be made only with the Midi Converter working on the principle of frequency recognition.
    I wanted to have a system which keeps the feeling of playing an acoustically harp. And yes…this is what the system does.
    The Kortier system is working on a different principle.

    Regards

    in reply to: Wireless setup for small harps #150573
    bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

    Hi Adam,
    Go for a UHV System with diversity technology

    in reply to: tarnish-free strings #74613
    bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

    I’m sorry for the question…but do we speak here about real silver wrapping

    in reply to: Stringing Us Along #72006
    bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

    Not much harpist know that Nylon can take about 5 % of humidity…so as Aquila says…it might be 0,5 % and this amount isn’t very important anymore.

    The

    in reply to: Stringing Us Along #72000
    bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

    The German company

    in reply to: Overplaying the instrument… #150734
    bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

    Carl,

    thank you for bringing this theme out….

    Smaller harps and lighter tension harps are very often overplayed because the harpist don’t get real in contact with the instruments voice possibillity.

    This makes pain to the ears….at least to me.

    Regards

    in reply to: String changing pitch with volume? #150874
    bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

    Yes, this problem of Jenniver should be because a string with low tension.
    Low tension by itself is not the problem but in your case it should be to low tension for the string.
    A bass string should have at least something around 35 % (so more high so better it is) of the breaking point (The tension where the string break)

    This means a string construction need at least a certain tension to give a good sound.

    But to your question….yes with a different string composition related to the lower tension of your harp there should be a possibility to improve the sound of this note.

    This is a very known problem to all harps with a not wery well ballanced string tension.

    in reply to: String changing pitch with volume? #150870
    bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

    Sam,
    “…..Also, I am not hearing the pitch falling as the sound decays: I can hear two distinct pitches depending on how hard I pluck the string, but they do not decay…….”
    In this case it

    in reply to: String changing pitch with volume? #150867
    bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

    OK, I will try to explain…

    When you pluck the string very hard…..what is happend to the string at the moment you pluck ?

    The string is getting longer by stretching the string and by this the tension of the string is getting higher ….the result is a higher pitch.
    This will happen to all plucked strings.

    in reply to: String changing pitch with volume? #150866
    bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

    Hi Sam,

    No this is not an audio illusion…..
    This happens often but more

    in reply to: Zoom H2 #151048
    bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

    I

    in reply to: Zoom H2 #151046
    bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

    The H4 N is the newest one…much more easy to handle.

    Regards

    in reply to: Has anyone tested the new Harpo trolley? #75133
    bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

    The Harpo is well known here in Germany as the best harp cart.
    Yes, the price

    in reply to: Delacour Levers – a new star is born #68629
    bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

    Hallo,

    I like to pass the information

    Camac deleted the page

    Thanks for the attention to this information

    Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 170 total)