Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
bernhard-schmidt
ParticipantHallo,
of course to
bernhard-schmidt
ParticipantI wanted to say also something to the theme of the original question of this thread.
As far as I know harpmaking, I must say that there is no possibilty
bernhard-schmidt
Participant“….
bernhard-schmidt
ParticipantFor security I like to say, that English is not my native language. So I’m sorry for misstakes by writing. I really would like to have a
bernhard-schmidt
ParticipantTony,
yes, the string vibration frequency is exactly dedected
This is done permanently (several thousend times per sec)
bernhard-schmidt
Participantbernhard-schmidt
ParticipantHallo,
There is a different by the manufacturer of carbon strings.
All manufacturers use the type of clear monofilament.
Only Savarez uses a different composition of carbon strings.
The strings with a diameter up to 0.96 mm are also the type of clear monofilament.
But the diameter bigger than that are made of a composition of a core with a layer of thin parallel strings around the core. It is a different way of wrapping the strings.
This you see when the string fray at the top.
This is a very unique to Savarez and a very well engineering.
This way the strings with bigger diameter have excellent vibration ability.
But of course there is a texture.One more important information.
The tension of Carbon strings is not greater than the stringing with Nylon as long as there is a correct calculation. Only if you change the diameterbernhard-schmidt
ParticipantHallo Arsalaan,
you might not remember..it is about 30 years ago (maybe more) I was somehow just in the beginning of my harp maker career. I heard of a single action folk
bernhard-schmidt
Participantour postings where just crossover
I just read your posting and yes, this
bernhard-schmidt
ParticipantHallo Steve,
thank you for this info. Please let me know what the result is.
In the time of Joel there was a worldwide change in nylon production.
It was when the socalled “Tynex”bernhard-schmidt
ParticipantHallo,
Mimmo Peruffo, founder of Aquila told me, that the “Nylgutstrings” are always white. If
bernhard-schmidt
ParticipantHallo,
a very good question…
bernhard-schmidt
ParticipantPlease do not spread
bernhard-schmidt
ParticipantYes, as Karen said it…a part of the harps lifetime is for sure the care you give to the instrument.
Ann, I’m sorry but can’t tell you any really help to what you should looking for. This is very specificbernhard-schmidt
ParticipantI must write
-
AuthorPosts