barbara-brundage

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 1,501 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Con raghezza? #148623
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Are you sure it’s not a typo for “con larghezza”?

    in reply to: Re: Re: What’s on your music stand? Winter 2011 #106718
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I love that arrangement of Granada. And I’m enjoying your “Cinema Paradiso”, Stan. Thanks for doing that one.

    Jerusha, Reinhardt Elster arranged a bunch of popular Latin music, all of it for either lever or pedal harp. The lever notation is a little antiquated, but it all works just fine:

    http://us.harp.com/info/products/pact_show/id_19395338/

    He also did Frenesi, Perfidia, Tico-Tico, and maybe more, but those are all I can remember off the top of my head.

    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Here you go, Carl:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcYBGbP8kyo

    If your feet are suitable, you can use this technique and little enharmonic chord spelling in the Apotheosis from Swan Lake, also, and the pedaling becomes really easy.

    But personally, my feet just aren’t large enough for me to be able to comfortably do this on a normal concert grand pedal box (haven’t tried it on an 85P–maybe I could do it there), and I find it generally easier to pedal with moderate high heels, which puts this technique totally out of bounds. Easy for guys, with their larger feet and flat shoes, though.

    in reply to: Harp porter tires??? #72648
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Is that the one Stephanie Curcio used to sell? If so, you just need a replacement handtruck wheel (you may be able to buy just a tire, but these days you may have to buy a whole wheel).

    Take a wheel off and go to the Orange store or the Blue store and they should be able to help you out.

    in reply to: Heartland Harps going all-carbon fiber #72500
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    He told me he has to take them to a NASCAR facility to get them properly baked, Karen. That’s a lot of the cost.

    in reply to: Heartland Harps going all-carbon fiber #72498
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I doubt that, Jennifer. He seems to be very much hands-on with this, although some parts of production must be done in specialized facilities.

    in reply to: Handel’s Harp concerto originally for harp AND lute? #106148
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I wouldn’t say I like it better with the lute, just that I think that’s the best recording of the lute version that I’ve heard.

    in reply to: Handel’s Harp concerto originally for harp AND lute? #106146
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Stacy??? How did I type that. Sorry, Tacye. Can’t even claim it’s pre-coffee early.

    in reply to: Handel’s Harp concerto originally for harp AND lute? #106145
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Yes, I like that one, too, Stacy.

    in reply to: For all those who keep asking, “Am I too old?” #83494
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Yes, I’m inclined to agree, Sherry. A friend of mine always says, “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re probably right.”

    in reply to: Jewish Harp Music #157989
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Oh, and I think it’s in Sharon Thormahlen’s book of Jewish music, too.

    in reply to: Jewish Harp Music #157988
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    There is a harp arrangement of Tumbalalaika. Maybe by Phyllis Schlomovitz? It’s been a while since I’ve seen it, but it seems to me it looked like her typesetting, in which case it might be worth checking for it in her beginner’s harp book.

    in reply to: Jewish Harp Music #157986
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    There are also some easy arrangements in her Hymns and Wedding Music book.

    in reply to: pt cruiser? #148807
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    My neighbor has a 2006 PT Cruiser, and with the older models it was a complete non-starter as a harp car. It was way, way too short and the seats didn’t fold in a harp-friendly way.

    The current version looks like you could maybe base load it by folding down the front passenger’s seat, which I guess might be okay if you don’t move the harp much and are strong or have help available.

    I would point out, though, that it still has pretty poor gas mileage for a car its size (24 highway for the 2010). If you’re willing to go to that much trouble to get a harp in a car you can do substantially better on mileage with other cars, or find more pedal-harp friendly vehicles with similar mileage.

    in reply to: Newbie tuning question #157980
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Your tuner should also have the option to generate an audible tone.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 1,501 total)