harpcolumn

what kind of harp should I buy

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists what kind of harp should I buy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

I want to start learning how to play the harp but there are so many different kinds of brand and harps I have no clue where to start. Can someone give me some pointer please.

Also any DVDs/books that are good for beginners cause there isn’t any harpist around where I live for me to take actual lessons.

My price range is below 1000$. Maybe 2000$ depending on recommendation. More than 26 string

I been looking around and some have recommended the Harpsicle brand but there 4 different kinds Harpsicle Sharpsicle Sharpsicle Fullsicle

Also Dusty String but there like a list of different kinds for that brand to

Rachel
    Participant

If you want more than 26 strings and want to buy a new harp, you will probably need to spend over $1,000.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Where are you, Vivian? Most people who come here and say there aren’t any local teachers just haven’t known how to find the right people.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

To some extent, what harp you buy will depend on the kind of music you ultimately want to play as well.

Amanda Welsh
    Participant

Audrey,
    Do you have full levers on your Ravenna? I’m looking at buying one as my first harp, but I can’t decide on full levers or not. I’m thinking C and F levers should be okay to start, but I’m not sure how long before I might need or want more. Since you’ve been playing it a while, maybe you can let me know your experience.

unknown-user
    Participant

I live in tampa, florida but I am closer to brandon, florida 33619

unknown-user
    Participant

I am interested in folk, Scottish, Irish song….not interested in jazz.

unknown-user
    Participant

So 26 string is pretty decent? Which brand is best for folk scottish irish type of music?
    I am looking for somethign 26 or higher but if 26 is decent I can go with that since I’m on a tight budget.

andy-b
    Participant

Hi, Vivian;

I believe that Harps International has a location in St. Petersburg. Here is a link with the contact information. They can probably also connect you to any teachers in your immediate area. Hope this helps!

http://www.harps-international.com/contact.htm

Andy

unknown-user
    Participant

that is awesome. I kept looking online and couldn’t find anything and then I found this forum

unknown-user
    Participant
    Geri McQuillen
    Participant

Hello Vivian,

I have mentioned this previously on

unknown-user
    Participant

What site is it on?

Geri McQuillen
    Participant
    Zen Sojourner
    Participant

I don’t mention the Denwar when I’m talking harps because in the first place, he’s in Australia so there’s import stuff to deal with – customs, shipping, etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies