harpcolumn

The Harp “Gig Bag”

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists The Harp “Gig Bag”

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    tony-morosco
    Participant

Great tip. I never thought of that, but I will give it a try. Thanks.

alice-freeman
    Spectator

I use Adobe Acrobat X Pro to scan paper music on my HP Photosmart All-in-One printer. I also crop off all the white margins before I save the PDF so only the music displays on the iPad. This takes a minute or so for each tune. I can also save PDFs from my music notation program Sibelius, but I still use Acrobat to crop the margins.

To copy the PDFs from my computer to the iPad, I use iTunes.

I use ForScore to display the music on the iPad. Then I easily organize my

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Hi, Alice.

I also crop off all the white margins before I save the PDF so only the music displays on the iPad.

You do know that you can do this in forscore itself and save that step? Just use the slider in the metadata section.

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

These are really, really great tips. Many thanks!

catherine-rogers
    Participant

Okay, I’m electronically challenged; I’m a mechanical person.

I’m trying to scan in a piece of sheet music that has 4 pages. We have HP Scan Pro. If I put it on document/text, it gives the option of saving more than one page to the file, but it doesn’t scan the image correctly. If I choose pictures and image-over-text pdf, it looks good but will save only one page to the file. What am I doing wrong? I don’t really want to load four separate pages onto forScore and try to keep them connected. Help?

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Is your desktop computer windows or mac, Catherine?

catherine-rogers
    Participant

We’re Mac people.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Whew. That’s a lot easier then. If your scanner driver won’t scan that way, first try scanning into Preview and see if OS X can scan to a multipage pdf. (Probably not, but worth a try.) If that’s no good, you can scan to individual pages if you must (I find it odd that you do, but then HP is mostly an ink company these days), then there are two ways to fix it.

1. Open the first page of the scan in Preview. Make sure the sidebar is visible (View menu). In 10.7 you will need to click one of the icon arrangements above the image to show the thumbnails, too. Then you can just drag the additional pages into the sidebar and save the combined PDF.

2. For really long files where this would be too much trouble, you can use automator to combine all the pdfs in a folder.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Sorry. This:

Make sure the sidebar is visible (View menu). In 10.7 you will need to click one of the icon arrangements above the image to show the thumbnails, too.

should be:

Make sure the sidebar is visible (View menu in 10.6). In 10.7 just click one of the icon arrangements above the right side of the image to show the thumbnails.

David Ice
    Participant

I’ve just made the plunge and bought an Ipad 3 and am downloading my music into it.

catherine-rogers
    Participant

Believe it or not, I was finally able to figure this out! Didn’t know what computer thumbnails were. Have found it/them now. It does work to drag the other pages to Preview sidebar–never did that before, either. Now will send to iPad to see if I can make it work there as hoped. Many thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies