The birth of a harp

Posted In: Amateur Harpists

• Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #160816

My recorder is a Tascam GT-R1, and I’ve been really pleased with it.

Participant
    Liam M on #160817

Aodhán has a lovely voice! Thank you for sharing that Audrey, I do so admire your dedication and preserverance. I really should do that myself some day. However….

Forgive me Father for I have sinned

And what was your sin my son?

I stopped practicing seriously and became addicted to jazzing with Jimmy Buffet music!

I am afraid I have become addicted to it and then I discovered how lovely Clarsita complements the steel drums. I am now a prisoner of Margaritaville!

Audrey I am ruined for life!!

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #160818

Oh no!

Participant
    Geri McQuillen on #160819

Well, I will also confess, my son, to being a parrot-head.

Participant
    unknown-user on #160820

Audrey, where was your Tascam GT-R1 recorder purchased, can you tell me please, as I need one.

Thanks,

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #160821

I believe it was purchased from Amazon.

Participant
    unknown-user on #160822

To any one out there I have a new Trinity Harp from Deamweaver that I am going to sell unfourtaly. It is the Mohaogany plywood verison which I finished. It comes with a custom made wooden stand. 30 custom strings by Markwood Heavenly strings. starts at low E. Deamweavers brass strings kept breaking even when just putting them on. So I paid $80 for a set of bronze strings and it sound wonerfull. But Though I love the sound and harp I can not see the strings and read the music at the same time. The wire strings do not reflect the light like nylon does. And I wanted to play with my finger tips as I can not grow my nails to long. Tried the AK picks but did not like them, They can go with the harp as well. I am a potter and play the guitar as well. So my hands are just to big. I am going to list it on this site as soon as I get $20 in my debit acccount.

Participant
    unknown-user on #160823

That should have read

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #160824

I think you mean “Dreamsinger,” don’t you Dennis?

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #160825

Yes…it was Amazon.

Participant
    unknown-user on #160826

You are right Audrey! In my older age I get my dreams confused 🙂

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #160827

You know, Dennis, it’s interesting that both you and Liam had trouble with the brass strings, while I haven’t had any trouble at all.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.