harpcolumn

Salvi’s new concept soundboard

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Salvi’s new concept soundboard

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Sidney Dharmavaram
    Participant

Amy,

Sidney Dharmavaram
    Participant

Amy,

String spacing is the same as a grand.

Sam Karlinski
    Participant

Luanne,

Just so you know, your 23 now sounds wonderful! I couldn’t be happier to have bought it from you! Hopefully you’ll get to hear me play on it some day.

~Sam

As a current

Not if they are designed to have less reverberation. You would think so, but it doesn’t happen automatically. Camacs have been described to me as deliberately reducing the overtones for more clarity.

I have played on several Salvi harps. They are more muted in character, dark in color, and louder wouldn’t necessarily change that. Just more of it.

Hi Sam – I’ve heard you twice on the 23 already!

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I notice that people seem to be holding on to those Arion 44’s that are out there too. It is very rare to see them as a resale.

niina
    Participant

Hi Gretchen

Can I just say that if you are thinking of buying a new Salvi Aurora; wait a few months at least until January 2012, then check them out again.

diana-day
    Participant

I sold mine and have no regrets. Having played

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Liz,

Thank you for your advice. I plan to visit Salvi in Calif. this spring. I want to try out several of the concert grand models. I have a long-term rental on a LH Salzedo so I don’t need to rush into making a decision.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

My experience with the Arion 44 is much different.

Amy Wilson
    Participant

One thing that I forgot to ask about the Arions/Apollos is how their new concept boards sound over time.

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Amy,

ina-zdorovetchi
    Participant

Sam,

The new soundboard on my Apollo is, actually, of standard technology. Hence, you did not notice any major difference in the quality of its sound.

I did, however, play two recitals on the “new technology” Salvi harps (World Harp Congress and AHS-Orange County) and am happy to share that it was a great pleasure to play those instruments! The overall impression was of a perfect balance of resonance, overtones, warmth, projection and ease of play, etc… Highly recommend trying them out!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies