column

Salvi harp cart fell apart and smells!

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Salvi harp cart fell apart and smells!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Kathleen Clark
    Participant

About the factory fire, when I got my 85CG pedal harp (the one that had
    to be returned because it had not been put together with enough glue),
    I tried to order a matching walnut music stand. The order fell through
    three times for various manufacturing reasons (“somebody goofed making
    the metal parts and they didn’t fit so they had to start over” was one
    of them), the third reason being that “the sublet factory in Ohio who
    makes them burned down and your completed music stand went with it.”
    L&H in SLC finally sold me a fancier one from their display window
    at reduced price with free shipping since five months after my order I
    still did not have a stand.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am amazed at how many postings are close to being libelous, if not actually so.

unknown-user
    Participant

Oh, I don’t know

Should people be monitoring without posting? Seems like espionage. It’s not nice to meet people for the first time and have them look at you funny, like they know all your secrets or something, which happened to me at the Harp Conference. People who read these forums should acknowledge their presence, not use it to gather background “dirt” on people. That said, businesses get the responses they generally deserve according to how they treat their customers. I should think the reverse is true, that they should be extra-nice to those who are posting complaints or problems, else they will compound their troubles. They need to know that we all talk to each other about what’s going on, with or without internet forums, and word-of-mouth is the strongest influence on harp-related purchases. Your tone is not very appreciative of any of that. It’s not like praising products gets us any benefits, either.

kreig-kitts

I think on most forums, the majority of people subscribing don’t post. This is an example of a forum where many people, myself included, come to learn from others. I just happen to occasionally have moderately amusing things to add about some subjects, usually those less directly

Anonymous
    Inactive

My posting was not aimed at anyone specifically.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hello Mr Milligan,

Your posts are always very thoughtful and no need to apologise, you are completely right. I’ve been very upset and disturbed by how I was treated and quite worried that others will fall into the same situation if I do not say something.

And part of that is due to the fact, that this forum influenced my choice to buy a certain brand of harp that was unknown to me, and then it was an unmitigated disaster. I found that nothing that was said on the column was true in my case in anyway, my experience was the exact opposite.

And I think if people are going to sing the praises on this column of this company or that, people need to also know what that company is like when things do not go to plan. So that harpists can make a balanced judgement. Otherwise it is kind of like false advertising, in a way.

But sometimes I need to put the breaks on and slow down, and I thank you sincerely for reminding me of that.

Regards,

Rosemary.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Kreig,

Ooow, where can I get one?

Yeah, that would solve the whole lighting problem, if it would glow in the dark!

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

I keep trying to post and get error messages and then loose everything I wrote.

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

I can just picture a book being written about these harps (the XYZ Brand coated in ‘radioactive waste’)called “Unsafe at any Tempo”!

My new harp made of recycled waste products fell apart and smells like shit!

unknown-user
    Participant

…hey, I think that is the harp that I sent back… I wondered what they did with it…

Lisa McCann
    Participant

Another mysterious case of the smelly green Salvi……

kreig-kitts

This also reminds me of the Satanic ritual harp in another thread. I think the “clunkers” thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.