column

Re: Re: What’s on your music stand? Winter 2011

Home Forums Coffee Break Re: Re: What’s on your music stand? Winter 2011

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    kathy-chanik
    Participant

Stan, that’s amazing! How could anybody as mysterious as Korla Pandit have been from NEW JERSEY!! As in Snooki and The Situation…too funny.

John McK
    Participant

I’m self-arranging and learning simple two- and three- part vocal pieces from the Middle Ages – if anyone listens to Anonymous 4, things of that nature. This has been a great way to practice left/right hand coordination.

One piece is the song “Verbum Patris Humanatur” That’s memorized and I can play the whole thing, but not without mistakes.

The second is a piece from the original Carmina Burana manuscript – #131.

I’ve gotten scores from scouring the internet. Unfortunately a lot of great early music is not available in cheap performers’ editions. . . at some point I will need to trek down to the Dartmouth College library and pull out some serious scholarly tomes.

One day I’d like to get a complete harp arrangement of “Viderunt Omnes” going. . . but that’s pure fantasy at this point 🙂

catherine-rogers
    Participant

For more than you ever wanted to know, go to http://www.KorlaPandit.com According to this, he was born in Missouri, but he ended up all over the place.

michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Hi all,

The material I’ve been working on is different from what’s been discussed up to here – I haven’t been reading much music (although I’m able to do so).

michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Oops.

joan-steinberg
    Participant

Brahms Requiem and Evening Prayer and Dream Pantomime form Hansel and Gretel are on my music stand this month.

A harp transcription I’m making for “Promenade” from Mussorgsky’s “Pictures at an Exhibition”

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.