harpcolumn

looking to buy a harp…

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists looking to buy a harp…

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

Which one? (Harp Olympics is for beginners, too, BTW.)

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Okay, it must be Moonlight. You can either transpose it or play scale glissandos, but frankly, I don’t use that one for lever students, myself.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Her suggestion for the Concert Etude seems to indicate that she thinks a lever harp should play the scale glisses.

unknown-user
    Participant

OK. I decided to get the blevinsong harp.Now…. what books do you recommend for basic stuff like scale/arpeggio finger positions/order, glissando’s, and so on????

I’ve heard great Things about Pamela Bruner’s Play the Harp Beautifully series.

unknown-user
    Participant

Pamela Bruner’s Play the Harp Beautifully series vs sylvia woods series…. which one is better prepared for classical music?

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I’m not familiar with the Bruner, other than hearing it referred to here, but the Woods book is geared musically more toward a folk/traditional repetoire.

unknown-user
    Participant

I dunno. I guess I’m just looking for a book that isn’t too slow paced.I don’t want get bored of the book.

Ben, both the Bruner and Sylvia Woods books tend to use mostly Irish and “traditional” melodies. The Schlomovitz Beginning Harp Books 1 and 2 tend to introduce more composed music, by Bach, Satie, Sibelius, etc. after some folk songs from many countries at the beginning.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi,
    i am looking

unknown-user
    Participant

hours of practice is the key to mastering any instrument….. and having a good teacher to guide you.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.