harpcolumn

L&H Style 150

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories L&H Style 150

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Someone of you played in the Style 150? How is the sound of this harp? I think than the cuality of the sound is more important than the outside look.

diana-day
    Participant

Ok, I guess I’ll be the odd one out here in saying that I really like the style of the 150. To my eyes, it’s a clean, sleek design. If it weighed about ten pounds less and came in ebony and sounded like a L & H 23 (grins), I’d really be tempted.

Diana, I agree with you about the 23. I can’t get over it. Out of the harps I’ve played, I can say it is my favorite (soundwise) 🙂

The column style of a harp has nothing to do with its sound.

jamie-passaglia
    Participant

I just played the style 150 at the Lyon and Healy factory today, and can say with certainty that the sound quality is tremendous, especially in the projection and warmth of the lower octaves. I would compare the sound to the style 23 for sure. Unfortunately, it is as underwhelming in person as in the photos.

Well Jamie, that just illustrates the most important thing about a harp: how it sounds. I heard several stories harpists told me when checking out a harp in a shop or factory…at first they usually chose the good looking harp to play, but then when they tried different harps it often turned that not the most gorgeous looking ones but the ones you wouldn’t choose for their looks had the most beautiful sound…

Of course this isn’t always the case, but looks CAN be deceiving.
    I guess L&H mainly focused on the sound with this 150, in which they succeeded when I read your review.

Loonatik

I (personally) simply hate it when the soundboard’s decorated…

eliza-morrison
    Participant

I love colorful soundboard art on some harps, but a plain board can also be absolutely beautiful, depending on the design of the harp.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies