harpcolumn

free websites

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break free websites

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Sylvia
    Participant

I mean the music pages. That’s really cool.

Sylvia
    Participant

Paul and Brenda,
    It looks like you opened the music pages as a document, not a file, but I don’t see that option on Yola. I pasted my prelude rep in there as text.

Weebly has a document option, and I used that for the reception rep. It opens just like your music files do. (i’ve got pics and rep on, and I will be putting more music on here and making a link from Yolasite.)

http://www.WeddingHarpMusic.weebly.com

So I’m still wondering how you got the music to open as a document on Yolasite.

natalie-wagner–2
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I’ve had a weebly account for several months, and so far it has worked out perfectly for me. Here’s what I did.

I bought a domain name so I wouldn’t have the .weebly or .yola at the end of my site. I went to Godaddy.com to do this. It was between $11-12 a year, so it was worth it for me! Now I may switch domain sites when my plan expires because somebody from the company called me and tried to scare me into buying this security plan that basically blocked people from getting my email address… Which is already online so future clients can contact me… Otherwise, the company has done it’s job, doesn’t send me spam mail, and works like a charm.

Next I opened a weebly account and linked my domain to it, which takes 48 hours or so to process through.

Then I set to designing! It came out pretty good. There are a few things I intend to change soon though.

My song list I’m going to convert to a pdf document or something, and have available for viewing or download on a link, because continually updating that list as I learn new songs is too difficult on the website itself like I have it now (it’s just a weebly text box).

Also for audio/video samples I’m going to start uploading to a youtube channel soon and include it on my website through more links. My dad does video work with his own business, Shine Media Productions! It’s a blessing to have a videographer/photographer/best-father in the family. ^_^

My website is @http://www.harpsoup.com if you want to see! The website was free, and of course they encourage me to upgrade but I don’t. I only paid for the web domain because I wanted to!

Let me know if you have any questions about weebly, I hope I can answer them. My website isn’t spectacular but it does function well and meet all my needs so far! I really struggled with editing it but practice makes pulling-out-your-hair-computer-succes as they always say. 😛

God bless you!

— Natalie

Sylvia
    Participant

Weebly does keep emailing me. Yola never does. I think Yola is a lot easier to use. I had tried Weebly once before and given up. After experiencing Yola, I was able to put stuff on Weebly. I don’t buy things online, so I keep the long website name. http://www.WeddingHarpMusic.yolasite.com Even the name is long because I wanted it indicate what the site was about. I agree about the functional. Mine isn’t fancy…but all the info a bride would look for is there.
    I don’t know how much stuff you can get onto Yola, and I kept it all on one page, but I added the Weebly site so I wouldn’t have to worry about it.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.