harpcolumn

Encounters with Famous people

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Encounters with Famous people

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

Carl,

What are you talking about? He’s real!

The photo was taken outside the entrance of the Venetian hotel. I wonder if he melts during the summer?

carl-swanson
    Participant

He looks surprisingly good. Not like those tabloid shots of stars without their makeup. That’s what made me suspicious. Congrats!

David Ice
    Participant

For 6 seasons I worked on the TV series M*A*S*H, and all the actors knew me on a personal basis.

brenda-lee
    Participant

Back in the late 70’s I went to a popular disco in Atlanta, Georgia.

carl-swanson
    Participant

I didn’t realize he was so short.

Ah, the long and short of it.

Cheryl Z.
    Participant

Hi Brenda,

I just checked the stats for Sylvestor Stallone.

Or, like so many movie stars, he was standing on a box you didn’t notice.

Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

The Italian Stallion is famously sensitive about his short stature – I wonder if that statistic was doctored?

Cheryl Z.
    Participant

Hi Bonnie,

harp guy
    Participant

Aside from musicians [like James Galway for example], I haven’t really met any other celebrities.
    OH! I just remembered. I did get to meet a few of the actors/actresses that played Munchkins in the Wizard of Oz. The one that I remembered particularly was the one that was in the Lollipop Guild. He was the one that handed Judy Garland the giant lollipop.
    Hmmmm…… He’s probably passed away now. He was in his late 80’s and that was over a decade ago….. 🙁

David Ice
    Participant

I worked on “Rhinestone” with Dolly Parton and Stallone.

kreig-kitts

That’s right, you do sound work as well! I kept wondering about M.A.S.H. hiring a harpist for six whole seasons (“surely they didn’t record the theme song new for each episode…”). Doh!

David Ice
    Participant

To the best of my knowledge, there was never a note of harp music in M*A*S*H.

At the beginning of each season they’d record the main and end titles, and re-use it for the rest of the shows in that season.

renate-kvalsvik
    Participant

I met the president of Ireland, Mary McAleese, once.
    She, her husband and the king and queen of Norway (where I’m from) were visiting the University of Oslo, at which I study Irish (Gaelic), to look at an exhibition of Celtic Studies. Students of Irish and Celtic Civilization were allowed to attend as well, and there are not very many of us, so it felt very special.
    First my professor in Irish held a speech, and then President McAleese held a speech, and ten two friends and I were interviewed on Irish television (RTÉ). Later we shook hands with the president, and she was very nice and asked us if we enjoyed learning Irish. I’ll never forget that experience.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies