harpcolumn

Beautiful harpists

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Beautiful harpists

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    natalie-wagner–2
    Participant

Sylvia,

I found your profile, I stand by my original statement!

Sherri Matthew
    Participant

Hi Sylvia,

I normally wear wire-rim glasses like yours in the photo, but I had professional photos taken of me not wearing them. They’re trifocals and I’ve worn glasses like that since my early 20’s… actually I couldn’t make out my music or strings too well without them. Also, the rest of the time, my long hair really is like that, full and slightly upswept, it seems to be its natural state.

For you, no worries, you look fine! 🙂 Sometimes I wear a hairband like that, too. And I don’t see your hands look so big.

All the best,
    Sherri

Sylvia
    Participant

Sherri, which photo are you looking at, please?
    As I said previously somewhere, I had the plastic surgeon rebuild my face after he did the reconstruction from BC.
    I tried trifocals once, and there was a blur right in the middle…very dangerous. I took them back the same day…couldn’t stand them.
    I’m wondering if you are looking at Sylvia Woods maybe. Someone mixed us up once! I wear my hair long (it’s thin) because I think it looks more harpy, and the hair combs come with the culture down here in S. TX.
    As for hands, I really don’t see how those little girls do the reaches.

Sherri Matthew
    Participant

Looking at the one right here, which Natalie posted!

Nice you have your hair long then. I’m battling winter dryness here in Vermont… it’s rough on the ends. Tends to split and break. It was down to my waist but I lost a few inches due to that, so now I’m trying to help it recover.

Trifocals do take some getting used to, but once you settle in, they’re pretty good. Mine have lines but I don’t see them anymore.

My hands are not very big, but then on my wire harp the technique is a bit different.

I’ll probably be getting some new photos taken again in a few months. I like the way my photographer did them last year, but I’ll need my artwork photographed as well, so I may have a few more portraits done w/ harp while I’m at it.

Sylvia
    Participant

Sorry. I realized that later…I was thinking of the profile photo.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.