harpcolumn

Are Pakistani Harps still as bad as people say?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Are Pakistani Harps still as bad as people say?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • Author

I tried an R Harp Merlin at Somerset.

michael-rockowitz
    Participant
    hannah-roberts
    Participant

Hi again,

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Again

You asked me about how I felt as to whether I would prefer a beautiful, but less functional instrument. Give me functionality any time. Aesthetic is nice to have as well, but I want solid playability, even tone, (and a natural

unknown-user
    Participant

I once owned a early Caswell harp that I loved, but did not learn to play well because of many reasons of which I will not bore you. Had to sell it to keep on a

unknown-user
    Participant

I am no expert on harps at all, as I am a real newbie and am learning on a simple Harpsicle.

I can tell you that I battled this same issue in my mind of almost a year before buying the harpsicle.

unknown-user
    Participant

Wow! This is like the question that never goes away. It must be over a year ago I started this string. Thanks to all you people for your input. As I mentioned, long ago I have since bought a used L+H (got a gig with it tomorrow for that matter) and another high-end small harp. However, I was playing an old

Liam M
    Participant

Merry CHristmas SS.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Actually, it’s more like buying a Yugo, and praying that it will keep running long enough for you to afford a decent used car.

In case I’m the only one here old enough to remember the Yugo, they were very cheap, very cute, cars made in Yugoslavia.

michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Hi Audrey,

It seems like you and I are destined to take opposing views in most areas!

michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Whoops!

Liam M
    Participant

WOW!!!

Michael you had a Yugo also?

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Ach…all I can say is both you lads are so lucky, I feel I ought to rub your heads for luck!

hannah-roberts
    Participant

I happened upon some photos of the Mid East harp factory in Pakistan posted on this Swedish harp shop’s Web site and thought I’d post here:
    http://www.folkharpa.se/making.html

helen-rudd
    Participant

I had to laugh, look under the “Persian Emperor” harp and you will see this:
    “rich in clang and beautiful finish.”

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 88 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies