1. Après un Rêve – Fauré (Soprano, Mezzo Soprano or Tenor)
2. On Wings of Song – Mendelssohn (Mezzo Soprano or Tenor)
3. None But the Lonely Heart – Tchaikovsky (Mezzo Soprano)
4. Der Nussbaum – Schumann (Soprano, Mezzo Soprano or Tenor)
5. El tra la la y el punteado – Granados (Mezzo Soprano)
6. El majo timido – Granados (Mezzo Soprano)
7. El majo discreto – Granados (Mezzo Soprano)
8. Die Tochter Jephthas – Schumann (Soprano or Tenor)
9. An Den Mond – Schumann (Soprano or Tenor)
10. Dem Helden – Schumann (Soprano or Tenor)
11. Where Corals Lie – Elgar (Soprano or Mezzo Soprano)
Notes from the arranger
As Principal Harp with Welsh National Opera for thirty years, I have enjoyed the company of singers for a considerable part of my life with whom I have performed on numerous and varied occasions; over the years, many singers have become lifelong friends.
The contents of this volume is the result of many collaborations: therefore they are varied in style, some more well-known than others. Despite initially not being written for harp accompaniment, I am very pleased that they do work well in this format. Some minor changes have been made for artistic and technical reasons and pedalling marks have been inserted for easier reading.
I am extremely pleased that Helen Field agreed to edit the vocal parts, a task she carried out with with expert care and enthusiasm: we have both enjoyed our sessions preparing this music and hope that these arrangements will encourage many performances of these well-known songs.