unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: contracts for gigs #146998
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Could you send your contract to me too? I’ve never made one but I’ve just started accepting gigs and I’d like to be prepared! Thank you!

    — Natalie

    in reply to: How Much Music Did You Buy This Year? #104783
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I loose track, when I took a financial class the teacher asked what my expenses were. Being young and living with my parents I couldn’t think of any regular expenses. Except sheet music…. I averaged (I think) at roughly 70 cents a day. I have a MAJOR problem!

    in reply to: high class gig; cheesy pay #103866
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I’m so sorry you had to go through this! But personally if that man started screaming at you, you should have walked off. You fulfilled your contract, and you tried to be polite and SANE. But this groom sounds like he needs anger management, you shouldn’t have to work with someone like that. Good job on being brave and standing up to him!

    — Natalie

    P.S. Consider a contract that mentions that if the bride/groom go insane you have the right to tell them so… ;P

    in reply to: high class gig; cheesy pay #103865
    unknown-user
    Participant

    If you should like to find me a job for better pay than please do Ms. Evelyn.

    I have been paid higher for others but the owners of the restaurant I play at are friends and I plan to find other gigs to compensate.

    This was also my first “regular” job and I couldn’t demand $250 an hour when I’d had no past experience, $75 is enough for me. I’m multiplying a 17-year-olds average pay ($7.50 an hour) by 10!

    I can’t help but feel insulted by the way you phrased your response so I’ll stop here. God Bless!

    — Natalie

    in reply to: Electric harps #70957
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I don’t think I’ll be getting this electric harp soon, I’ll have to save up for a year or two! I like to research stuff though so I wanted to look around and narrow it down to exact models, and I believe the DHC Light is my favorite. Thank you all so much for the wonderful responses!

    — Natalie

    in reply to: high class gig; cheesy pay #103849
    unknown-user
    Participant

    My teacher went to a restaurant that told her they consider all employees equal and therefore pay the musicians as they pay the waiters! My teacher walked out and I don’t blame her, minimum wage for years of training?!

    — Natalie

    in reply to: high class gig; cheesy pay #103846
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I don’t think some people have any IDEA how much harpists get paid! I have a gig for 2 hours for $75, underpaid but I need the money and I’m only a student.

    — Natalie

    in reply to: Copyright license? #147091
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you so much, my teacher got me pretty worried about all of this but I feel much better now. 🙂

    — Natalie

    in reply to: Copyright license? #147090
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you for the reply!

    A blanket license? This may sound silly but is this the equivalent of a drivers license, meaning a driver’s license makes it legal to drive so does a blanket license permit you to perform other’s arrangements and compositions? $32.00 is a price I could live with, thank you again!

    in reply to: Electric harps #70955
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Great, thank you so much for the reply! I agree with everything you’ve said, I think if I chose now I would choose the DHC Light. I have a petite pedal harp so if I did get an electric it would be for fun so missing a few strings wouldn’t be a big deal.

    — Natalie

    in reply to: Electric harps #70954
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Oh thank you for pointing out the levers! I’ve used loveland and old robinson levers, but never camac. They look the best and easiest, but I never could tell since I never had a chance to try them!

    I usually like bright sounding harps like Dusty Strings, so I’ve been leaning towards the Camac. Thanks so much for the input!

    — Natalie

    in reply to: Electric harps #70953
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I owned a small lap harp for years, my teacher taught me how to adjust music to suit my tiny instrument. 😉

    — Natalie

    in reply to: Electric harps #70952
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Cool, thanks for the reply!

    I wanted to hear from others about the Silhouette, I felt kind of biased towards the DHC Light because of watching Deborah. Glad I’m not the only one who thinks she makes it look easy. 😉

    How was Deborah in concert? I’ve never seen her live, but even from clips I’ve seen on youtube she sounds amazing!

    — Natalie

    in reply to: Grandjany Fantaisie Sur un Theme de Haydn #156777
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Chloe,
    You’re correct, but when I learned this piece, my teacher could only remember that the third variation (I think that’s right – the one in minor with the right hand arpeggios) was Brahms. I haven’t done any other research, so I can’t help you any farther, sorry!

    ~Sam

    in reply to: Copyright license? #147087
    unknown-user
    Participant

    This article was very helpful, thank you! It’s all so tangled, the copyrights I mean. I don’t think I’ll ever fully understand all the rules!

    — Natalie

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 5,570 total)