harpcolumn

Grandjany Fantaisie Sur un Theme de Haydn

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Grandjany Fantaisie Sur un Theme de Haydn

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Keymaster

Hi folks,

I’m working on the Fantaisie and was told that each variation was in the style of a different composer, and that the info was easy to find.
    I unfortunately have not been able to find any information on the different variations and what style they may have been written in.
    Can anyone help me find the info, or tell me if you know what style the variations are in?

Thanks!
    Chloe

I never noticed any specific styles, other than a general romanticic approach.

jordan-thomas
    Participant

I have never heard of each variation was in a stye of different composers. They are all in the style of Haydn.

unknown-user
    Participant

Chloe,
    You’re correct, but when I learned this piece, my teacher could only remember that the third variation (I think that’s right – the one in minor with the right hand arpeggios) was Brahms. I haven’t done any other research, so I can’t help you any farther, sorry!

~Sam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.