unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,326 through 2,340 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Arpistas Latinos! #166419
    unknown-user
    Participant

    hola amanda!!!!! Hey me parece excelente esta cuesti��n, q l��stima q me di cuenta tan tarde. Cuando nos visitas x ac�� en Costa Rica!? C��mo va el arpa? ahorita donde est��s? Vieras q este a��o ha sido MUY lindo: en junio asist�� al Young Artists Harp Seminar en Rabun Gap, Georgia. Fue una experiencia incre��ble!!!! Hace poquito fue j��venes solistas, qued�� con menci��n honor��fica tocando el 1er mov de Dittersdorf (en YAHS qd�� en 2do lugar con ese mismo) y felicito a Mariela q gan�� con el Introducci��n Allegro de Ravel. El 3 de nov me presento como solista con la juvenil y como a mediados d nov tengo mi cambio d nivel a avanzado. Estoy bastante contenta!!! Hey en serio cu��nteme c��mo va todo? Y gracias por haber creado esta secci��n. Un saludo a todos los arpistas latinoamericanos!!!! Incluidos yesenia y carlos d qui��nes hace mucho no s�� nada y los felicito xq s�� q van muy bien con el arpa! X ac�� los extra��o!

    in reply to: Angry Neighbours #162250
    unknown-user
    Participant

    To be honest. I might think if looking for a new digs if possible. I once lived in a high-rise and nobody complained about my piano (had no harp then) and the lady two floors down was a violinist who had been there for years with no complaints. It is a shame some people are so small.

    It is one advantage of living in an old house in the sticks. We can only get dial-up internet (ugh) and the house is haunted but better a peaceful ghost than a snippy neighbour I always say. The olny other problem is the puppy might knock the harp over but then he knocks everything over.

    With humour

    Christine

    in reply to: Angry Neighbours #162249
    unknown-user
    Participant

    and this afternoon, I’m going to take my lap harp to the park down the street. I’m going through some serious withdrawal.

    in reply to: Angry Neighbours #162248
    unknown-user
    Participant

    well I contacted my landlord, and yes I had told him that I played harp before I moved. He says I am perfectly within my rights to practice.

    Unfortunately, that fact won’t necessarily stop this guy from banging on my door. Tomorrow I am going to buy a matt and some rubber tubing to put around my doors. I will try moving my harp into the bedroom which is more isolated than my living room. I’m going to leave a letter by the mailbox for my neighbours, outlining the steps I am taking to respect their preferences, and informing them that I have already spoken to the landlord, and he told me it was fine to practice.

    To answer some other questions that have been asked, my apartment is in a house that was converted to apartments, and it is the top floor.

    in reply to: Angry Neighbours #162247
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Elizabeth,

    You and Carl made me laugh!

    in reply to: Salvi Eire #71990
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I agree with Amy – the first poster was looking for honest advice and

    in reply to: Teaching How To Tune #166977
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I think the tuning forks and tuning by ear is a great idea, and she will likely have no trouble doing that. But, you lost me at the second harmonic thing. I don’t know what that means. Also,

    in reply to: Wurlitzer Harp Stake Model #68717
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks, Carl!

    in reply to: Wurlitzer Harp Stake Model #68715
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Carl,

    I have a general question about Wurlitzers.

    in reply to: Angry Neighbours #162231
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Unfortunately I just started a new song with harmonics.

    Answer honestly, if any of you were in my situation, would you start looking for a new apartment, because you’d rather move than tamper with the beautiful sound of your harp just to please other people?

    in reply to: Angry Neighbours #162228
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Is there a room in your apartment which is more isolated? I’m thinking of maybe a back bedroom or other location which does not share so many walls with the neighbors – maybe even a walk-in closet if you have one – the towel stuffing idea is also a good one – if you are not on a ground floor, I think a thick rug is a good idea too.

    in reply to: Wurlitzer Harp Stake Model #68712
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks, Barbara and Catherine!

    I really am not a technical person, so the regulating would fall to my engineer/computer wizard husband.

    in reply to: Wurlitzer Harp Stake Model #68707
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks, Amy!

    in reply to: Wurlitzer Harp Stake Model #68705
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Barbara,

    It’s news to me that the Camac harps still need to be regulated by the pros, given that I’ve heard various people on this forum say that they are designed to be regulated by the owner.

    in reply to: Wurlitzer Harp Stake Model #68701
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Carl,

    This is probably a dumb question, but can a Wurlitzer be regulated by the owner (like a Camac) or would he/she need to be trained as a regulator?

    Jerusha

Viewing 15 posts - 2,326 through 2,340 (of 5,570 total)