Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,396 through 1,410 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Has your harp ever worn a party hat? #110916
    Tacye
    Participant

    Mine has worn a sun hat on several occasions. It is the most obvious
    place to put it when I wish to have it handy for whenever I leave the
    rehearsal hall.

    in reply to: Important Repetoire #82464
    Tacye
    Participant

    I find it interesting the different audiences the contributors to this
    thread seem to be envisaging.

    in reply to: How to clean guilding #73822
    Tacye
    Participant

    Rather after the fact for the rest of the thread, but there is another
    way to clean gilding.

    in reply to: Oh Darn…Pinky:( #167163
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have been known to pop a loose, thin elastic band over the 4th and
    pinky.

    in reply to: Frusterated – how picky is too picky? #88571
    Tacye
    Participant

    Talk to your teacher- as an adult you have a right to know why you are
    asked to practice anything to a given level and how it will affect your
    goals.

    Quite possibly you would benefit from playing easier music (instead of,
    or as well as the pieces you are learning).

    in reply to: what you do if you are in my situation???? #88708
    Tacye
    Participant

    Have you thought about either buying, building, or having built (from
    kit or plans) one or more lever harps?

    in reply to: Teaching students to tune #87747
    Tacye
    Participant

    Too true… ‘Do I have to get all three lights for EVERY string?’

    The thing I am often astonished by is the number of harpists who have never been taught to move the harp.

    in reply to: Tips for a new harp teacher? #167185
    Tacye
    Participant

    Remember students are not clones and don’t try to squash them all into one size fits all.

    in reply to: Watkins Firedance notation #88799
    Tacye
    Participant

    Low in the strings, but not as low as pdlt.

    in reply to: Do I need to learn Pedal Harp? #88810
    Tacye
    Participant

    Whether you need amplification will depend on the harp, venue and audience.

    in reply to: Tension when I play… #165903
    Tacye
    Participant

    Also work on tension while playing really simple notes- until you can play exercises, scales and three blind mice while relaxed, and feel the difference when you start to tense up, expecting to stay relaxed through

    in reply to: Mid-East MFG #156052
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have never yet met a Pakistani harp I would wish to play in preference to say a $10 plastic recorder, yet I love my decent harps far more than my

    in reply to: Thoughts on Swanson Harps #74833
    Tacye
    Participant

    My experience with harp selling is that it is not so much the possible resale value which goes down if you have something unusual, as the time to find the right buyer goes up (so some people lower the price to sell faster).

    in reply to: Royal Harpist Appointments #150497
    Tacye
    Participant

    Thomas Thomas just suffered from sibling rivalry…

    in reply to: Repertoire that is too difficult for the student!!! #88972
    Tacye
    Participant

    There are teaching certifications which can be obtained.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,396 through 1,410 (of 1,469 total)