Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,381 through 1,395 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Stoney End Owners #160845
    Tacye
    Participant

    Sycamore is a variety of maple.

    Have you considered the Dusty Strings Ravenna 34?

    in reply to: Celtic Solo for Intermediate Pedal Harp Student #88189
    Tacye
    Participant

    Welsh stuff springs to mind- would any Thomas or Parry suit?

    in reply to: lever harp vs. pedal harp #145135
    Tacye
    Participant

    The Clio is usually double action, but I have come across references to single action version- about 2 years ago the Brandden Lassells in Australia said he could get them for about 80% the price of a double action Clio.

    in reply to: lever harp vs. pedal harp #145133
    Tacye
    Participant

    I understand Salvi use aluminium on some of their harps.

    in reply to: lever harp vs. pedal harp #145108
    Tacye
    Participant

    I would be tempted to consider electromagnets as the way to go, I can think of some potential mechanisms where one or two permanent magnets and an electromagnet with reversible polarity could move a lever and no electrical power would be needed to keep it in place.

    Several years back someone was working on a hydraulic system.

    in reply to: What is intermediate level? What is advanced? #87281
    Tacye
    Participant

    I suggest that one of the difficulties is how music is published.

    in reply to: lever harp vs. pedal harp #145093
    Tacye
    Participant

    Thank you for reminding me about Peter Muernseer- I can now quote numbers about Tyrolean harps.

    in reply to: What is intermediate level? What is advanced? #87274
    Tacye
    Participant

    I am a fan of many short pieces (1 page at most) rather than only longer ones, this is one of the reasons I am fond of Dilling’s Old Tunes for New Harpists and more exercises than studies.

    in reply to: lever harp vs. pedal harp #145083
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have been puzzled for some time as to the comparative lack of popularity of Tyrolean single action pedal harps.

    in reply to: Back Problems Celtic Harp #160411
    Tacye
    Participant

    Pilgrim also sell legs for the clarsach- they unscrew when you want to
    pack the harp up, and raise it to a height where you can sit on a
    normal chair.

    in reply to: Which edition of the Handel Concerto do you teach? #88411
    Tacye
    Participant

    That refers to one of the Handel recorder sonatas; nice pieces, but not, unfortunately, the concerto.

    in reply to: Which edition of the Handel Concerto do you teach? #88409
    Tacye
    Participant

    I put in a reasonable amount of effort trying to track down a copy of
    Thurston Dart’s version as a double concerto for harp and lute.

    in reply to: Pedalese #74694
    Tacye
    Participant

    For Obermayers, see:

    in reply to: Majoring in Music? #87330
    Tacye
    Participant

    Alex, I am confident that if you had done an undergraduate course in
    say languages you would then find it more possible to teach yourself
    the advanced musical topics you want to learn.

    in reply to: Majoring in Music? #87322
    Tacye
    Participant

    At least in the UK there can be very little financial value in going to
    university; the type of person who will do well will do well without,
    but most highflighers do carry on studying which makes the statistics
    more difficult.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,381 through 1,395 (of 1,469 total)