Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Tacye
ParticipantRolling chords only really helps me with huge spans if it is a slow roll- i.e. I can start the roll without all my fingers on the strings and place as I go.
June 16, 2009 at 6:22 pm in reply to: What are the most harps that a symphony composer wrote for? #147513Tacye
ParticipantBerlioz once mustered 25 harps together, but I haven’t heard of 40.
Tacye
ParticipantThanks!
Tacye
ParticipantIt is sometimes done with larger lever harps too, Meinir Heulyn on her Teifi Eos for example.
Tacye
ParticipantAlso David Watkins and William Mathias.
Tacye
ParticipantI have a tendency to grasp my crochet hook too tightly which makes my fingers tired.
Tacye
ParticipantThe AB specifically do not care about fingering or technique so altering the hands should do well for the exam.
Tacye
ParticipantFrench Erard 2576 in the Salvi collection has been dated to 1897, and Lily Laskine’s parents bought her number 3004 in 1903.
Tacye
ParticipantWhen the harpists are to the conductor’s left and the harpist is facing
the conductor the harp if facing the audience.Tacye
ParticipantI keep an eye on the first harp when I play second- though maybe not obviously enough for it to be noticed.
Tacye
ParticipantHi Candace- Sewing machine oil is a readily available source of mineral oil in a convenient bottle for precise application so the jury really has nothing to debate.
Tacye
ParticipantAssuming you have simple tapered tuning pins the solution is very easy- they just need to be pushed slightly towards the tuning key side- I normally detune the string by a half turn or so and then push on the end of the pin with a pad of leather over my thumb while turning the tuning key back and forth.
Tacye
ParticipantThe harp of your original post however does not sound like that!
Tacye
ParticipantIt was on the ABRSM Grade 6 C list of the previous syllabus, which I think was active until 2004.
Tacye
ParticipantI suspect those harps are rosewood harps made in Pakistan (of the higher quality sort) in another shape.
-
AuthorPosts