harpcolumn

ABRSM Grade 4

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Teaching the Harp ABRSM Grade 4

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

Today, I attended an event where many pupils performed their Grade 4 programmes for upcoming exams.

Tacye
    Participant

The AB specifically do not care about fingering or technique so altering the hands should do well for the exam.

It is a pitfall for many harpists who think they can never change a fingering in a piece. It is one thing if it is by a very exact and particular composer such as Salzedo, and another in most others. My teacher always said, you don’t divide the music between hands like on the piano on the harp, you play with whatever is available that is most comfortable, and use your ear to create unity of sound. That works well with modern music, certainly.

I don’t think the students should be penalized, unless they simply didn’t practice, but maybe the teachers should?

Does the ABRSM also examine and license teachers?

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

I’m not too sure of ABRSM, but all other examination boards that I know of have a teacher’s licentiate –

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics

Recent Replies