harpcolumn

Pilgrim Clarsach

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Pilgrim Clarsach

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Karen Choo
    Participant

Hi, I am a harp student from Vancouver, BC Canada. Does anyone know where a Pilgrim Clarsach can be purchased in Canada or the USA? What kind of levers are used on this harp?

Tacye
    Participant

Pilgrim use their own levers (unless of course you ask for a special order) and will ship their harps.

tony-morosco
    Participant

Once there were several dealers who carried Pilgrim harps here in the US. It looks like they don’t anymore, but you could always check. I think at one time Harps Unlimited International, The Michigan Harp Center, and Melody’s all carried them.

Karen Choo
    Participant

Thank you for the reply. Have you played a Pilgrim Clarsach? How does the sound and string tension compare to a Camac Aziliz?

Karen,

I was a dealer for Wilfred Smith Harps, before Mr. Smith died and the workers formed a co-op and kept the company going, under a new name, Pilgrim. I owned a Smith Clarsach, 34 strings,

Tacye
    Participant

I have a Pilgrim Clarsach. Very well made, pedal tension (the Aziliz is I think lighter tension), light weight and easy to move and extremely robust with handy legs so I can play it on any chair going.

jennifer-rehfisch
    Participant

Pilgrim also make a harp with a lighter tension if that is of interest to you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies