Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Stephanie Hinshaw
ParticipantAre you going to build it or buy one already built?
I tried building the Regency, but lacked the tools, the skills and the patience.
I’ve seen the Musicmaker harps on Craigslist for reasonable prices.
Stephanie
Stephanie Hinshaw
ParticipantWhen I tried the square back harps, they were very uncomfortable. I couldn’t reach around the soundboard unless I positioned the harps at a greater angle than normal. Trying to fit the corner between the boobs didn’t work. When I tried the fully stave back FH36S, it was very comfortable. So, I want to go that direction.
Stephanie Hinshaw
ParticipantThanks, Paul. That’s really what I thought.
December 14, 2011 at 10:34 pm in reply to: Wanted: Dusty Strings Walnut FH36, Rees Walnut Aberdeen, Webster 18th Century or Marini Roma Rosa Padauk Harp #70482Stephanie Hinshaw
ParticipantThere is a Dusty Strings FH36S in Walnut for sale out in Chico, Ca for $3000.
Stephanie Hinshaw
ParticipantMistakes is really Musicmakers.
Stephanie Hinshaw
ParticipantHi Debbie,
I’m in the process of putting together the Regency harp from Mistakes and have to say that the pieces they’ve supplied are all good quality.
Stephanie Hinshaw
ParticipantI just checked the Dusty Strings website and they listed Loveland levers, ‘a la carte’, for $12 each. Now I don’t know if you have to get that price when you order a harp from them or if they will sell you a few. The link is:
The only other place I’ve seen is from Music Makers kit site for $14/ea.
Just remember, you get what you pay for.
Good Luck.
Stephanie Hinshaw
ParticipantAfter much soul searching, I’ve decided to try my hand at build the Regency from the kit that MusicMakers offers.
Stephanie Hinshaw
ParticipantI just returned from the local Harps R Us store and found that ‘girls’ & I are more comfortable with the stave back. It seems to provide more room for the ‘girls’ and is more comfortable when I’m playing the strings.
Sadly, the Regency is a flat back harp, so my search will continue.
I’m planning to attend the Southwestern Harp Weekend in October in Asheville, NC to test drive some other Harps.
Thanks for the advice.

-
AuthorPosts