Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantI am 13 and have played for 5 years. I have goals for whatever I am working on which include technical aspects, note learning, quality of sound, finding different colours, shaping, performance preparation etc etc and an ever increasing list of pieces I want to learn next to pick from. I usually have orchestra parts to learn within a specific time frame and pieces to polish for performances. I guess short term week to week it is to satisfy my teachers that I have done what they asked to their satisfaction. Longer term it is to be as good as I can be and to be able to perform to a similar level to the one I play at at home.
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantMessage from my Mum who was the source of all the info before – its a bit late for Sari but elevation is very imporant for upper extremity injuries – there isnt much space to swell in fingers and wrists without getting compression. Thats why so many people have carpel tunnel syndrome – no space where median nerve runs through. So plenty of intermittant ice packs and keep it up well above level of heart. They hang them up in hospital after surgery she says. Fingers crossed it settles down and is OK.
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantSee a hand specialist. Some are plastic surgeons and some are specialist orthopods – depends where you come from as to which there will be in your area. Likely to be swelling but could also still be bleeding in there – your symptoms are probably those of nerve compression rather than direct injury to nerve but either of those need attention. And go now, today. That is not normal after the injury you describe. And I have never seen staples in a palmar crease in 30 years of anaesthesia.
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantYou might try this video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esjhUveEyng
He shows the space you need in close up and how to get your fingers on quickly without bumping.
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantWe really like the new ideas about the library and musicstand
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantI like to play duets with my mother – but we can’t find much written for the two
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantIt will not be such a problem at the University where there will presumably be harps that you can work with
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantIf you have you tube there are a couple of demonstrations of scales on it – Josh Layne has a good one
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantBasel,
You are in our thoughts so often.
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantMy father had a good friend who did the porcelain and china for may years on the UK show.
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantWe live down the road from a Subaru dealer.
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantWell,
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantIts not actually air in the can, its a volatile liquid with gas phase above said liquid.
August 4, 2012 at 3:21 am in reply to: I love the sound of the harp, but will a beginner’s harp still sound lovely? #69387Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantTelynau Vining are in Cardiff – worth a ring to see what is there too?
Prelude 40 –
Philippa mcauliffe
ParticipantI know that this goes against the majority but I think you should consider the last post carefully.
-
AuthorPosts