Why I should practice ? Why I should be prepared ?

mr-s on #145463

Hello my dear Friends, I miss everybody here, after 8 month of being fugitive and then refugee inside the country I got a chance to practice 2 hours per day for 3 days, God forgot how to practice, and the big question is why i need to practice and ask that to my self, I don’t know where I will be, and how I will be, events getting so worst, our house of my parents and my childhood got ashes and sands, no walls no ceilings nothing, and I know that I will be obliged to leave the place where I am living now in the country to run away somewhere out and leave my tow rescued harps forever, why I should practice as the people here getting killed by the war and the whole civilized world watching that as a very funny comedy , why and why and why ? No politics , i am just a human being and a harpist Musicien, don’t know if I am pessimist or what, I am looking for a new future out of here but don’t know, have a feel that I don’t deserve any happy future .

Participant
    Saul Davis Zlatkovski on #145464

Sometimes you have to act on Faith alone. Survival is important. No one has been laughing at what has happened in Syria. Practicing the harp is a radical statement of what you believe in. It changes the world.

Sylvia Clark on #145465

Isn’t there an embassy from some other country near you so you could apply for asylum? Take your harps wherever you go. The Nazis spared Elie Wiesel because he was a musician.

Participant
    jessica-wolff on #145466

Because practicing is one of the best ways to hold on to your sanity.

mr-s on #145467

Hello Sylvia , I tried to come to USA, and my brother in USA asked a lawyer for my situation and the answer is negative,no way,while my parents and sister an come, I know that my life in my homeland is ended , no place for me as a Musicien Harpist among death, fire, and blood, all the world deal with Syrians in a very bad way, when we go for a Visa or whatever,especially to USA,Canada and Europe .

Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #145468

Basel,

Hello!

mr-s on #145469

Yes Jerusha, I did in February,but I know that I will be obliged one day to leave them somewhere and rescue my self if I will find a car to carry me of course, I feel my self not a harpist any more !

mr-s on #145470

Dear Jessica I think I need a sanitarium !

Participant
    Sherj DeSantis on #145471

Dear Basel,

Participant
    Philippa mcauliffe on #145472

Basel,

You are in our thoughts so often.

Participant
    sherry-lenox on #145473

Basel, If you could only know how grateful we are to see your post! Please realize that you are thought of and prayed for often, and it is our fondest hope that you remain safe in body and steadfast in spirit.

You are a harpist and musician, and harpists and musicians practice. It is what we do to further our ownership of our music, seek domination over what is most difficult, pursue what we must to refine what remains awkward, explore what is needed to bring our art to its highest state.

In music one constantly balances reality with hope. For myself, I started playing the harp 62 years too late, but still, almost every time I play I find something a little easier for my fingers, I hear something a little closer to what I’m hoping for, I look at something and see something I hadn’t seen before.

The harp and its music are part of who you are. They will be with you wherever you go. Play, practice and let your music take you forward.

When you can, please let us know if there is anything we can do where we are to help you now. You are still part of all of us, and I, and I’m sure many more of us will do whatever we can.

Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #145474

Basel and I are Christians (as are many of the folks on harpcolumn), so I am going to respond to his email from this perspective…

Basel,

I am thankful to the Lord that you were able to move the harps to a safer place.

mr-s on #145475

Thanks Dear Jerusha, thanks to every body , I decided since we had to leave our house and city forever, not to write here anything, I didn’t want to complain,and honestly hoped for the better, every month i say to my self it will be stoped and better,but things going very worst,but really I am under a very strong unbearable pressure due to the circumstances, I can’t be adjusted that I had lost every thing Big House full of a sweet memories of all my life periods and my Hotel Gig and missing people died, really no words explaining .

Participant
    lisa-fenwick on #145476

Mr. S.

My thoughts and ongoing

Participant
    anita-burroughs-price on #145477

Dear Basel,
    You are not complaining, you are grieving. I can only imagine
    the sorrow of such traumatic loss. You have been often in
    our hearts and prayers. We are grateful that you are alive.
    Perhaps your music to you can bring beauty to you and to
    others. You may not feel like playing the complicated works
    of your conservatory training; simple melodies of childhood
    or national heritage may bring the most comfort. Remember
    the stories of David playing the harp to comfort King Saul
    in Hebrew Scripture. Perhaps your music can take on
    a different purpose for awhile: to comfort yourself
    and others.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.