Liam M

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 294 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: harp came without tuning key #161856
    Liam M
    Participant

    Hi Lani,

    Now I am sure I have an extra key

    in reply to: harp came without tuning key #161836
    Liam M
    Participant

    No real problem Lani, measure the width, flat to flat of the square end and I can match it.

    (I bought a “Lot” of harp parts on ebay for the strings and some experiments I am conducting… in the lot was an assortment of tuning keys)

    in reply to: harp came without tuning key #161828
    Liam M
    Participant

    Hi Lani…. I happen to be the proud owner of a dozen or so tuning keys.

    in reply to: Saving a mature lady #162044
    Liam M
    Participant

    Audrey,

    Is the Irish forum open?

    in reply to: Saving a mature lady #162042
    Liam M
    Participant

    LOLOL!!! And there you have it Audrey… The Irish spelling became horrible when filtered through South American Spanish… And “Clarsita” was understood by family who are still mystified by Irish in any form.

    in reply to: Saving a mature lady #162039
    Liam M
    Participant

    You know Audrey I am not a total fan of mahogany, oh it should be easier to carve, but it simply appears too soft for my taste.

    in reply to: Saving a mature lady #162035
    Liam M
    Participant

    Elementary My dear Watson!

    in reply to: Saving a mature lady #162034
    Liam M
    Participant

    Oh my patience is not that vast. I am away from my shop all week, so I can only work on weekends and there are of course other demands… The Turbo Carrots for one, (My redheaded granchildren).

    in reply to: The birth of a harp #160760
    Liam M
    Participant

    Audrey,

    I

    in reply to: Saving a mature lady #162029
    Liam M
    Participant

    Hmmm… Unknown etiology, but I do not suspect cat.

    Thankfully, there are not scratches in the actual wood itself. I suspect stored on her back and moisture trapping between the back and whatever she was lying on and destroying the varnish.

    The varnish is quite thick… I suspect 10 coats or more. It is taking sometime to scrub it down with a mild stripping agent. I could go stronger, but I have the time and that is so risky. The underlying wood looks good.

    in reply to: Saving a mature lady #162027
    Liam M
    Participant

    Missed one or two shots that show the lifted varnish… Now you can see why I prefer Danish Oil… As it actually penetrates the wood and creates a new surface strata, this lifting does not occur.

    in reply to: The birth of a harp #160757
    Liam M
    Participant

    She is looking lovely Audrey, simply lovely.

    Careful when setting your zithers. And be cautious in filling the holes with varnish. I do not recommend the power tool method to set the zithers, Muis is far more sure handed then I am!!

    in reply to: Reading music – through the strings? #162070
    Liam M
    Participant

    Mike,
    There are a couple of online music readers, Solero is one that comes to mind, that do advance the music for you.

    in reply to: Reading music – through the strings? #162065
    Liam M
    Participant

    LOLOL!!!

    in reply to: Wire harps and sound holes #162132
    Liam M
    Participant

    Audrey, how fine are you at now?

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 294 total)