Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Liam M
ParticipantIt is intriguing Karen as I have been studying the theory of the wire harps, the thicker the sound board, the longer the sustain. What appears to heppen is the soundboard absorbs the energy that maintains the sustain. I have duplicated this with my brass soundboard experiments.
Liam M
ParticipantI was back home and not in this miserable strange cold white stuff!!
Liam M
ParticipantGuden
Liam M
ParticipantWell I have been told I should be arrested for my playing…. But I suspect it is not quite the same thing.
Liam M
ParticipantBernhard,
Liam M
ParticipantMichael,
Liam M
ParticipantGood luck to you Fiona and welcome to the world of Dancing Fingers.
Liam M
ParticipantWell I can grow accustomed to them. I believe they will work.
I ordered a full set of brass and a full set of plastic. I find the brass to be far more comfortable, the plastic were too tight and pulled considerably at my nail. I actually eft them on after I stopped practice and just tried to become used to them. I found I needed to soften the extreme edges of my nails slight;y to make the mounting easier, but once done the fit was quick and easy. I did pick up the habit of occasionally gripping my leg to ensure the Pik seating.
I need to practice quite a bit, but I found my strikes to be considerably more consistent. The sound with the brass was pleasant, but the plastic seemed to be more prone to being buzzed on the backside due to the greater thickness then the brass. I think I could tell whether plastic or brass was being used just by the sound… but I will test that theory later when my wife is willing to cooperate. (She is “Back in civilization” and needed to satisfy her urge to shop!!)
All in all, I think this may be a good solution for my particular case.
Liam M
ParticipantThe post has arrived… The Alaska Piks are here!!
Liam M
ParticipantAudrey,
For whatever reason, I was told for years that I was tone deaf. Then one day, my sister in law, who is quite an accomplished musician holding national honors and a national choir member told me, “You are not tone deaf, you are untrained” Since that day my interest in music has grown daily and my desire to sing and play has increased exponentially. Oh I know I will never be as polished as many who have grown up with music…. but I am very happy to now sing and … well let’s say, “Try to play”.
Thank you, my sister in law and every other musician who takes the time to encourage the rest of us. It means a lot.
Liam M
ParticipantI was just downstaris in the parlor and wanted to show my wife the next part of the song I decyphering, Oh Senor, but Clarsita was upstairs in my study…. So I picked up the faithful old Paki….and played her with my stubs in the wire claw. I am advancing so much faster with the claw that I believe I am totally ruined for the hitchhiker. It is proably just me, but my hands and wrists are extremely uncomfortable in the classic nylon posture. Playing is now a pleasure and not an effort.
I trimmed all of my nails back to even them out and start again. And I am anxiously awaiting the post to see if the Alaska Piks have arrived so I can trim a set up before I fly out again Sunday. I believe this time I will try and take Clarsita in the overhead, I have traveled with her in the plastic trunk…. but I want to try the overhead. Let’s see how it goes.
Liam M
ParticipantFinally!!!
Liam M
ParticipantHopefully the Alaska Piks will be arriving this Saturday.
Liam M
ParticipantHow does it sound Audrey?
-
AuthorPosts