Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
kimberly-houser
ParticipantExactly Carl,
kimberly-houser
ParticipantI also believe that in music that most schools go not offer graduate
minors at the master’s level.January 13, 2008 at 3:34 pm in reply to: Universities and conseratories with the best harp programs #166959kimberly-houser
ParticipantI think one of the best things you can do so go and interview at
different programs, see the campuses interact with the faculty and the
students, take a lesson with the teacher and sit in on some
courses.kimberly-houser
ParticipantDo the swell doors actually work? (Would love to actually play a harp with swell doors)
kimberly-houser
ParticipantI have been emphasizing the solfege more, both with myself and my students, it does help.
kimberly-houser
ParticipantCarl,
I would love to find myself in Paris…sigh…
But you gave me an idea, kind of a no brainer but, use the internet!!!!
Silly me.kimberly-houser
ParticipantThe Solfege system is fascinating to me.
kimberly-houser
ParticipantMarion has also been one of my most important influences!
kimberly-houser
ParticipantI am seeing, according to some people’s opinions, on this forum that “fishing for students”
kimberly-houser
ParticipantLouisiana State University fosters the performance of contempory music.
kimberly-houser
ParticipantHi I am a harp teacher and harpist in the Portland area.
kimberly-houser
ParticipantHello,
I also agree with this, the competition levels need to be adapted to how modern students are studying.
kimberly-houser
ParticipantHello,
I know that it seems excessive and that you just want to play.
kimberly-houser
ParticipantI think that it is in the archive at the Curtis Institute. Salzedo considered the work too impressionistic for his own taste and I am not sure it was ever published.
-
AuthorPosts